The architecture team at SoFi is looking for a Platform Architect to help lead the platform vision, definition and solution design. You will define and implement a technology platform on which it is easy for all SoFi Product engineering teams to deliver quickly safely and sustainably. You will work with the architecture team and software engineering teams to design solutions to meet project needs. You will be instrumental in defining architecture, technical requirements and deliverables necessary for the team to execute on the vision. Bring your relentless drive for results and help us deliver.
Who you are:
You have a deep background developing enterprise microservice architecture with progressive experience as a leader. You believe in an evolutionary architecture and design for constant and incremental change. You have designed, built and maintained high volume mission-critical systems and have a firm grasp of cloud solutions. You are comfortable functioning with an emphasis on solutions architect or software architect depending on the need.
* Help build a technology platform that enables all our product engineering teams to delivery quickly, safely, and sustainably
* Define the governance that an application/service must pass to be on the platform
* Conduct architectural evaluation, design and analysis of application architecture
* Draw on experience to lead technical design and implementation of highly scalable, resilient and secure systems
* Collaborate with senior engineers, product managers, and the business to plan and deliver solutions with optimal outcome for SoFi
* Lead a two-way conversation with application architects to continuously improve platform (evangelize AND listen)
* Set technical vision; define & refine technical roadmap for our product delivery platform.
* Participate in proof-of-concept and technology evaluations, vet possibilities and make recommendations
* Establish reliability, monitorability, maintainability and availability objectives
* 10+ years' full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks, 2+ years in an architect role
* Must have excellent communication and proven writing skills to work with all levels of customer and internal organizations
* Full understanding of modern architecture patterns, including microservices; how and when to apply them effectively.
* Can still be a fully productive, coding member of a product team; we might second you to teams here and there as we're looking for coding architects
* Experience designing and building orchestration layers
* Diverse background with cloud based data storage (RDBMS, NoSql, Document Store, in memory key/value, search systems)
* Experience with modern messaging & integration patterns, including relevant technologies
* Experience integrating external vendor services into the end-to-end solution
* Deep experience with agile development and continuous integration
* Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
* 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
* Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
* Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
* Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
* Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
SoFi is a finance company offering a range of lending and wealth management services.