The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it's not just buildings and places that matter, it's what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Platform Architect is responsible for hands-on overall end to end design and implementation of enterprise class, high performing and highly integrated Appian or Pega based solutions that are scalable, built for rapid change and meets functional and nonfunctional requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead thought process on how to best leverage the software to solve business problems - both known and unknown.
* Leverage deep industry and product-specific knowledge to support the end-to-end software development lifecycle of a large-scale Appian or Pega -based digital transformation effort.
* Manage Appian/Pega architecture design and security decisions
* Provide input on Appian/Pega related technical matters, including development approaches, ad hoc technical issues and questions on environment and technical specifications.
* Work closely with IT teams to manage integration of Appian or Pega to ESB and other existing core systems.
* Liaison between business stakeholders, Appian or Pega product manager, broader IT organization, Appian or Pega implementation partners, and senior leadership to ensure business objectives are met and value is captured from Pega or Appian.
* Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Appian or Pega documentation artifacts, including architecture and infrastructure diagrams.
* Guide technical implementation teams on front-end user experience and user interface decisions
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor degree.
* 5+ years development experience in Appian or Pega
* 2-5 years architect experience in Appian or Pega
* Appian or Pega certified preferred
* Knowledge of all modules of Appian or Pega and how to implement to effectively solve business problem.
* Track record of managing successful Appian or Pega implementations.
* Ability to come up with creative solutions when challenges in implementation arise.
* Thorough understanding of and experience in software development lifecycle and Agile delivery methodology.
* Expertise in design and implementation of business integrations and complex enterprise integrations.
* Ability to provide estimates/sizing for high-level requirements.
* Deep experience in developing and managing Appian or Pega workflows, user interfaces, decision rules, and data models.
* Experience in various types of rules (correspondence, integration rules, validation).
* Experience building integrations between Appian / Pega and the enterprise integration platform (e.g., TIBCO)
* Exposure to Tableau and SQL reporting tool configurations is a plus
* Strong ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment and work efficiently under significant deadline pressure.
* Strong analytical and communication skills.
* Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
About Howard Hughes
We own, manage and develop commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the country.