What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Platform and Ecosystem Optimization Engineer, Solutions Engineering
AMD is looking for a highly talented engineer to join our Datacenter Ecosystem Engineering team as an overall expert in platform optimization. This will be an exciting and critical customer facing role in the engineering team for Enterprise Servers market segment where you will be responsible for working ISV's, IHV's and OEM's to help create and optimize solutions on AMD EPYC platforms.
You will be a member of a best-in-industry solutions engineering team and will work with heterogeneous hardware platforms, software solution stacks and end-applications based on cutting edge technology. You will focus on an area that matches your skills in either hyper-converged, HPC, analytics, or another focus area. You will be responsible for understanding and optimizing software, firmware, and hardware. That will require you to be able to understand AMD platform and processor architecture to enable the best performance. You will interact with other experts in AMD global engineering teams, AMD FAE's, and ISV's world wide.
Based on learning from workload analysis, you will also provide ongoing feedback to influence the AMD technology and product roadmap planning.
Role & Responsibilities:
* This position will be a subject matter expert for x86 server workloads and how to tune AMD processor based systems for them
* The engineer will be needed to look and tune all the way from BIOS up to application and everything in between (such as OS and middleware).
* Will need to work with ISV's, IHV's, and server OEM's / ODM's on full stack solutions and issues
* To help enable our end-customers, one will be expected to write reference architectures around various workloads. The reference architectures will be developed by executing benchmarks or other synthetic workloads to be able to find the optimal tuning.
* Assuming the lead position in a complex problem solving and debug efforts through multi-people/party steering of tiger teams, hands-on work as well as program managing the effort end-to-end.
* Provide product and technology influential feedback into server product management, systems and SW efforts, AMD technology and product planning.
* Provide business critical engineering enablement for business development and sales engagements to enable design-win expansion.
* Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 10+ years of extensive experience in the areas of server platform optimization
* Writing/optimizing BIOS or other firmware for performance is a plus
* Demonstrated experience running known industry benchmarks or using other available synthetic workloads to generate load on a server platform
* Experience with various profiling tools to be able to optimize application code
* Proficient in C, C++, Java, or other programming languages
* Proficient in perl, python, powershell, or other scripting languages
* Strong hands-on technical skills with one or more OS, hypervisors, databases, and/or applications.
* Hands-on technical skills in server hardware platforms
* Knowledge of how end-customers typically deploy both heterogeneous and homogeneous environments
* Knowledge of how cloud datacenters typically deploy their servers
* Strong knowledge of upcoming technologies, to keep pace with the industry
* Familiarity with cloud operating environments such as OpenStack
* Solid understanding of server hardware including processors and high-speed IO
* Good familiarity with x86 server processors, silicon architecture, design and debugging.
* Ability to lead teams to deliver results for both internal and external customers
* Ability to work in a multi-site, multi-cultural environment and the ability to travel as needed.
* Team player with passion and zeal to do whatever it takes for business success with a keen sense of urgency and strong drive.
* Excellent communication (external, internal, verbal, presentation, written) and organizational skills with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive results.
Requisition Number: 73708
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.