Argonne National Laboratory has an opportunity for a Platform Administrator within the Business and Information Services (BIS) team.
The ServiceNow Administrator focuses on technical administrative support and release management to assist in achieving the long-term vision of the ServiceNow platform at Argonne. The candidate will provide organization, compliance, and support under the direction of the Product Manager while aligning to Service Management best practices. The role will also assist with researching, planning, requirements gathering, configuration support, and quality assurance. The responsibilities will vary from deployment oversight to day-to-day customer support.
* Monitor and provide support to customers through incoming requests and incidents.
* Assist in requirements gathering with stakeholders and end users and provide guidance on prioritizing work.
* Oversee the deployment process by working with developers and business owners to ensure development and testing are completed before deployment.
* Provide knowledge and training on using the ServiceNow system with new and existing service providers.
* Manage the evaluation, testing, and implementation of upgrades and patches for the ServiceNow platform.
* Administer configuration of production and sub-production instances of ServiceNow for the team.
* Translate business requirements into effective interface interactions that tie into client-server scripts.
* Collaborate with various Business Owners, Platform Developers, and a diverse user base.
* Articulate technical concepts using easily understandable business language, includes assists with Requirements Definitions, and Technical Specifications Documentation.
* Share knowledge with other members in the Argonne ServiceNow community on best practices and act as a subject matter expert for process and procedures.
* Follow governance to allow for cohesive development from multiple organizations and teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
* Hands-on experience with customization of an enterprise service management application (3+ years pf experience preferred).
* Ability to lead agile-based development cycles (3+ years of experience preferred).
* Ability to take up challenges, adapt to the business needs, and stay focused on delivering results are essential to the success of this role.
* Experience in preparing and applying test plans for development teams.
* Strong working experience with the Change, Incident, Agile (SDLC), and Request modules in ServiceNow.
* Ability to develop and run reports and dashboards to provide insight into system and process performance.
* Customer service orientation and strong team player.
* Ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features and best practices.
* Familiarity with user experience best practices a plus.
* Ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, then analyze and examine data in detail, and draw appropriate conclusions.
* Knowledge of systems analysis, systems design, user interaction design, computer science and skill in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting complex design problems.
* Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas and messages via speech or writing.
* Ability to effectively interact with users at all levels in the organization.
* Skills in project and task organization and time management.
* Skill in translating needs of customers into systems design.
* Experience in IT Service Delivery.
* Ability to use general office application tools (e.g. Power Point, Excel, Word, and Visio.)
* This requisite level of knowledge and skill is typically achieved through a Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 7-10 years in computing.
* Steward of Lab resources.
* Ability to model Argonne's Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This role may be hired as a level 3 or 4. The level will be determined by the final candidate's level of education, experience, and skill.
* At a PT3 Level: Bachelor's and 4+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 2+ years or equivalent.
* At a PT4 Level: Bachelor's and 6+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 4+ years or equivalent.