Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment? Smithfield Foods, one of the country's top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual's creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
Responsible for the implementation, supervision and technical support of computer systems, equipment and network administration. Provides leadership in systems support, design and deployment to promote the strategy, management and governance of Information Technology as it relates to business operations in the following areas: Plant operations, Warehousing and Logistics, Purchasing, Supply Planning, Quality Assurance and Food Safety. Leads assigned projects and acts as a back-up for other Plant IT Analysts.
* Implements, coordinates, monitors and troubleshoots computer systems, telecommunications network, telephone equipment, cell phones, printers, peripherals, copiers, fax machines, time clocks and video surveillance systems. Works with key users to troubleshoot manufacturing applications and interfaces; provides problem resolution. Maintain and enhance systems as required to support changing business and technical needs.
* Coordinates communications with Service Desk, vendors, outside contractors and corporate systems administrators.
* Analyzes information technology needs, develops effective solutions, and recommends operational improvements.
* Oversees information security, backups, archiving, and disaster recovery.
* Manages budgeting and acquisition of technology equipment and supplies. Maintains equipment inventory. Repairs minor equipment malfunctions and recycles defective/obsolete equipment.
* Prepares program specifications and diagrams, and develops coding logic flowcharts.
* Documents technical systems and procedures. Maintains Sarbanes-Oxley records and documentation.
* Leads or participates on implementation teams deploying new systems and operational processes in accordance with strategic business initiatives. Assists in the development of detailed implementation and contingency plans. Provides user and management training before, during and after system deployments. Prepares site infrastructure as needed to accommodate new systems and processes. Travels to implementation sites, when appropriate, to assist in on-site deployment and training.
* Builds and maintain relationships with key plant and corporate management and with affiliated independent operating companies to identify and implement best practices and technology across the enterprise. Establishes and maintains productive relationships with equipment and system vendors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or related field and 3 years' experience maintaining computer equipment including network systems; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
* Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions.
* Knowledge of operational characteristics of information services systems, hardware and software. Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, networks, and applications.
* Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
* Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Ability to plan, organizes, prioritize, and work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
* Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequently required to sit; stand; reach with hands and arms; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.