PL SQL Applications Developer
Req #: 215131
Location: Ashburn, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring an experienced software developer to support a key program in Ashburn, VA. Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial.
The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of agile software development practices and experience delivering deployable software in short sprints. They will work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team-a highly productive team of technical professionals who thrive on supporting the customer's mission and growth objectives. The individual will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
* Designing, developing and implementing custom software and database application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems with limited oversight
* Performs database analysis, design and development, security support, and performance tuning.
* Develops stored procedures and/or triggers using PL/SQL.
* Acts as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success
* Provide significant improvements to the product(s) being supported
* Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases
* Support release planning with conceptual design and development / refinement of software engineering guidelines
* Analyzing complex project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
* Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
* Provide input on best practices and procedures
* Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity
* Provide mentoring to junior members of the team
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with at least an interim DOD Secret clearance or higher
* Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation.
* Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
* Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
* Experience with continuous integration tools and environments.
* Experience with source code control systems and concurrent development workflows (Git preferred)
* Experience with Oracle PL SQL Development including Stored Procedures, Constraints, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
* Working experience with advanced PL SQL concepts and features such as Analytic Functions and Hierarchical Queries
* Experience with database tools like SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TOAD, PL SQL Developer and SQL Plus.
* Experience in Creating and Maintaining Database objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Synonyms, Object types and Collections.
* Experience with database design and stored SQL procedures
* Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
* Ability to identify and manage risk
* Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic and a self-starter
* Technical Certifications, such as OCP; CSM; Security +.
* Experience with the Force Management System (FMS)
* Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
* Direct experience providing production support for Oracle databases; experience with Oracle tools
Working Experience with Data Warehousing and OBIEE
* Possess working knowledge of Oracle's Advanced Security Option (ASO).
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.