POSITION: Physical Security (PS) Specialist
LOCATION: Fort Belvoir, VA
CLEARANCE: Active TOP SECRET (TS) with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access
The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), Nuclear Enterprise Support Directorate (NE) performs integrated, multidisciplinary, Balanced Survivability Assessments (BSAs) that assess survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets.
BSA teams aim to ensure continuity to DoD missions and critical infrastructure by assessing the vulnerabilities and survivability of these infrastructures against a broad spectrum of threats including accidents, natural disasters, technological failure, information system attacks, terrorists, radio frequency weapons (RFW), sabotage, and weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
These assessments are generally requested by the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Networks & Information Integration (ASD(NII))/DoD Chief Information Officer; Combatant Commands (CCMDs); Undersecretary of Defense Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)); Undersecretary of Defense Intelligence (USD(I)); Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA); and other Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal agencies, and are coordinated through the Joint Chiefs of Staff and DTRA.
Identify physical security vulnerabilities and provide recommendations to enhance the overall mission protection by preventing or mitigating damage to or destruction of mission-critical systems should a plausible threat be carried out. The overall physical security posture, security management, contingency planning, overall security awareness, physical security systems designed to deny and delay, protective barriers, lock and key systems, access control procedures, electronic security systems designed to detect and assess intrusion, and response force capabilities are all examined for possible weaknesses and deficiencies. The physical security report is laid out in a manner that characterizes the designed physical security environment that supports physical security protection from both an insider and external threats.
Identify all aspects of physical security-related vulnerabilities, increase the customer's awareness of potential vulnerabilities and impacts on mission execution capability, and provide recommendations to mitigate or eliminate identified vulnerabilities.
* Expert knowledge of the security needs for a wide-variety of mission critical infrastructure to include network and data centers, telecommunications systems, airfields, nuclear weapons systems, forward operating bases, and the defense industrial base.
* Expert level knowledge in the areas of: Protection Planning and Execution; Access/Circulation Control; Detection/Assessment; Reaction/Response and; Site Security Adjustments.
* Demonstrated experience with DoD Security Directives, including their development and implementation of Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Joint DoD Security directives.
* Expert knowledge of all DoD force protection/antiterrorism programs and requirements.
* Expert knowledge of all aspects of security management, security operations, and security system analysis.
* Operational experience conducting in-the-field vulnerability-based assessments in the technical area of physical security.