Under the guidance of the Security Manager, executes elements of CCS' security administration program in support of the National Industrial Security Operations Procedures Manual (NISPOM). Implements and enforces security policies and procedures. Executes security education, training, and awareness programs. Performs as a primary user of the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and utilizes the Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD). The scope of this position is IDA/CCS. No budgetary and direct supervisory responsibility.
* Executes elements of IDA's security administration program in support of the National Industrial Security Operations Procedures Manual (NISPOM) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) * Assists in ensuring IDA affiliates and guests have the appropriate security clearance. * Ensures that Security clearances are kept up-to-date. * Helps ensure that applications are submitted when required and in compliance with DoD guidance. * Responds to routine and special inquiries. * Assists with the issuance of all badges. * Maintains databases and tracks all visitors including foreign. * Receives, transmits, controls, circulates and tracks destruction of documents.
2. Enforces personnel security policies and procedures.
* Updates Security database. * Assists in the security clearance process. * Processes visits for the Visit Clearance Certification program. * Files required security records as required by the NISPOM.
3. Assists with personnel security education, training, and awareness programs.
* Monitors that staff has received the required security training. * Assists with the briefing and debriefing of employees to include: * Initial Briefings * Annual Security Briefings * Foreign Travel Briefings
* Under guidance, ensures staff follows established security policies and procedures in order to protect classified information and maintain security clearance.
4. Performs as a primary user of the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
* Takes the lead in ensuring IDA information in JPAS is accurate and timely. * Interacts with other cleared DoD companies to accomplish the reciprocity of clearances. * Aids in tracking the status of security clearance requests. * Helps resolve general clearance paperwork problems.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma and three years of clerical experience * Knowledge of the DoD Regulation 5220.22-M, National Industrial Security Operating Manual and applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) preferred. * Experience with DoD clearance process to include but not limited to JPAS, eQIP, DD254, eCPRL, SF86 and Foreign National Association desired. * Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff. * Ability to display tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with all levels of IDA staff and the public. * Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office products. * Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph, preferred.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.