Responsible for performing the activities required to provide support to Mortgage personnel for operational issues and inquiries. Analyzes, develops, recommends, and communicates policies and procedures affecting the Mortgage business line. Interfaces with other internal departments and vendors to help ensure operational soundness and system compatibility. Provides overall problem resolution for operational and system issues.
* Provides operational, product, compliance, and system support to Mortgage areas daily via a variety of communication methods (e.g., telephone, e-mail, instant messaging). Takes ownership of cases/call tickets, providing timely follow-up with Mortgage personnel when needed.
* Acts as liaison between the Mortgage business line and other departments in order to resolve problems and help ensure overall operational soundness related to operational, system, and compliance issues reported by Mortgage personnel.
* Responsible for the timely creation, review, and distribution of notifications to applicable staff of both scheduled and unscheduled system outages.
* Monitors the queue in order to work as a team to manage incoming calls and provide a high level of service to supported Mortgage personnel.
* Creates and maintains cases/call tickets for all incoming communication in order to assist in following up and to track information to be used by the department.
* Escalates issues or problems if unable to resolve, or issues that could impact multiple internal customers.
* Continually works towards identifying areas where procedures may be streamlined to help ensure soundness of material and make Mortgage operations more efficient; includes making recommendations or proposals for changes and improvements to the Mortgage department manuals.
* May need to make supervisory decisions and work during non-traditional queue hours, which include Saturdays and extended weekday coverage
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
* Five or more years of mortgage experience
* Minimum of two years as a Mortgage Support Analyst 1 or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
* Thorough knowledge of Bank's operational policies, procedures, products, and services. He or she must have the following skills to effectively perform in this position: strong customer service, listening, courtesy, empathy, troubleshooting, and problem solving
* Independent worker with strong decision-making skills
* Detail-oriented, have excellent analytical, organizational, and time management/multi-tasking skills
* Excellent oral and written communication is necessary to effectively interact with various areas of the organization when resolving problems and providing support
* Proficient with basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office and MSP like like Black Knight