Snowflake is growing fast and we're scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We're passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We're also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In addition, Snowflake's culture was built on the following values that are even more important to us today:
Put Customers First. We only succeed when our customers succeed
Integrity Always. Be open, honest, and respectful
Think Big. Be ambitious and have big goals
Be Excellent. Quality and excellence count in everything we do
Get It Done. Results matter!
Make Each Other the Best
Embrace each others Differences
As a Performance Engineer in Test at Snowflake you will:
* Experience working with Database Query Engine and drive initiatives to understand and identify performance bottlenecks.
* Guide the development of tools and frameworks that will aid in the measurement and analysis of performance, identify and understand performance bottlenecks in the system and developing reporting and alerting system.
* Analyze root cause for latency in individual components and across the system.
* Identify and help solve issues from the choice of execution plan to efficient resource management, all the way down to highly specialized vectorized execution.
* Evaluate and determine priorities with a critical understanding of where performance matters and where performance is irrelevant.
* Work with the broader engineering team to identify opportunities to improve system performance.
* Will be able to hire and mentor new team members.
Our ideal Performance Engineer in Test will have:
* 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience, with a specific focus on system performance.
* Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, multi-threading, and schema design.
* Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
* Experience in at least one of the object oriented programming language Java and/or Python preferred.
* Ability to work effectively across engineering teams in multiple locations
* BS in Computer Science or Masters
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.