PeopleOps Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
New Relic is looking for a Project Manager to lead business-critical projects within Operations of our PeopleOps function. This is a hybrid Program Manager/Project Manager role--this role will be responsible for partnering with stakeholders to project manage programs and projects within Operations, as well as keeping an inventory of the portfolio catalog of all Operations projects, identifying resources, risks, and conducting executive readouts. You will be tasked with ensuring that the correct structure, processes, people, resources, support, and communication are in place to help us deliver on the company and team goals. As a Program Manager, you will have broad impact on the organization through the complex initiatives you lead. Successful program managers in our organization are collaborative, adaptable, analytical, and disciplined. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, People Operations.
You are an idea generator and executor. Collaborative team member, mentor and self-starter. Creative and analytically minded. Technically adept and excited to be part of a high growth tech company. A listener with high emotional intelligence who connects the dots and sees solutions. Passionate about making it easier for teams to do their best work.
You are business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple teams across the company toward achieving a common goal and using your expertise in managing projects to transform our business.
Some of the things you will be responsible for:
* Successfully lead and manage program activities through the complete program life cycle from requirements and planning to implementation and measurement. This includes program definition, project scheduling, budgeting and forecasting, resource planning, contracting, risk and issue management, change management.
* Building program structure around large, cross-team initiatives to maximize alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
* Defining, establishing and maintaining the metrics for the programs that you manage.
* Working with program teams to identify and manage our top risks with contingency and mitigation plans.
* Creating working groups and forums needed for effective decision-making and information sharing.
* Using your judgment to apply the model and approach that fit best with the context of each project.
* Hands on project work for specific/select projects
* Driving tradeoff decisions to align leadership on the right level of risk for each project.
* Establishing the right amount of process to drive efficiency and consistency.
* Helping teams identify and address their bottlenecks, blockers, and dependencies.
* Facilitating productive meetings
* Delivering status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, transparency, and calls to action for the projects you manage.
* Assisting with related special projects and other duties as needed.
The right candidate has many of the following:
* 5+ years of project management experience and 3+ years HR program management experience
* PMP and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
* Creative, innovative, confident, flexible and enthusiastic to assume responsibility and accountability.
* Solid track record of leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects
* Inclination to seek simplicity in finding solutions to complicated problems.
* Ability to stay highly aligned with multiple cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
* Ability to work collaboratively, be diplomatic and influence stakeholders
* Excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
* Strong organizational and communication skills, especially with regards to project management.
* Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, ambiguous and unstructured environment
* Well-versed in program management fundamentals- team building, role / responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a "culture add" to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
A little about us:
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic's cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon "Top Workplace" award winner, named a leader in the Gartner's 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 "Magic Quadrant" for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) - the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc) -- all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note: Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.