Who We Are
Culture Amp is the world's leading employee feedback platform. By making it easy to collect, understand and act on employee feedback, we enable HR leaders to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
We help over 1,500 of the world's most innovative organizations build better workplaces. From the likes of Airbnb, Adobe, McDonalds, Slack, Warby Parker, Etsy and many more.
We support our fast-growing global customer base from offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York and London.
The People Scientist role entails being a thought leader in the HR and engagement space while assisting customers with survey question design, analyzing survey results, advising on communication approaches, and establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organization, group, and individual level. People scientists work directly with current and prospective customers to explain the science behind employee engagement surveys and Culture Amp's platform. Our ideal candidates will be able to present their expertise on both the academic and applied study of today's workforce in personable and engaging ways that align with both educational partnerships and sales relationships.
Your greatest skill is being able to listen and understand our customers' needs and provide clarity around direction and feedback strategy. You love people and your passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to upskill customers and coworkers. We are looking for a hungry, energetic, dedicated professional to work with a close-knit customer team that takes users all the way from leads to champions across customers ranging in size from tens to tens of thousands of employees. We want someone who shares our passion forsimplifying feedback strategies and data analysis, teaching clients to draw insights from data on their own, and building our community of amazing people geeks. This position is for a mid- to senior-level role with no direct reports.
* Collaborate with customers (pre-sale and post-sale) to design and build people-centric feedback strategies
* Contribute to survey question design sessions and lead results review sessions with a variety of clients, from HR professionals within larger companies to CEOs at smaller businesses
* Work with client data and survey outcomes to identify the most valuable themes and stories to help our clients improve their culture and business outcomes
* Generate actionable and predictive insights from HR data sets, including engagement surveys, lifecycle surveys (onboarding to exit), and individual/team effectiveness feedback
* Support and build domain expertise for our customer facing teams through coaching and training
* Contribute to improving internal processes and culture within Culture Amp
* Contribute to internal and external thought leadership on HR issues in a variety of industries
What do you (ideally) bring to the team?
* Master's or PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or HR/Business Analytics
* At least 3 years of applied experience working with surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
* Experience designing, implementing and analyzing surveys, as well as presenting results to executives and HR leaders
* Strong presentation skills especially when explaining data and connecting it to potential actions
* Basic knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages such as R or SPSS; moderate knowledge of statistics and basic knowledge of predictive analytics techniques preferred
* And proficiency in the usual software tools (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Google docs) as well as a willingness to learn and work with new technology systems.
* Experience working in a high growth, global SaaS company and in HR Tech preferred
After 3 months you'll:
* Work cross-functionally to teach new customers how to use the platform
* Assist our Sales & Customer Success teams in closing deals and launching customers
* Advise HR leaders on their employee engagement & effectiveness strategies to create change within their organizations
* Conduct survey design sessions, train customers on how to best interpret their results, and present the results to HR and other leaders
* Attend and present at a variety of events where we interact with our community - including People Geekup webinars, masterclasses, conferences, etc.
* Develop thought leadership content for our blog, newsletters, and social media
A few highlights from Culture Amp
* What is a People Geek?
* Our unique DIY approach to Learning & Development
* What is Culture First?
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies five specific reasons why you feel you'd be a great addition to our team. Thank you very much for your time and interest!