At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
The Systems & Data manager is responsible for the overall data strategy and learning system integration across People Development, People and Uber. This person will support the global People Development team in scaling delivery of digital and in-person learning products and experiences and measuring the products' success and business impact through data.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Own the end-to-end data management of PD products, including
* Identifying, enabling, and maintaining hosting and maintenance requirements on the LMS, internal website, and ad-hoc deployment platforms (web-based interfaces, mobile, etc)
* Provide deployment recommendations and own the successful deployment and data capture
* Set standards, processes, and guidelines to ensure data quality and integrity and own adoption across the team
* Ensure a consistent feedback loop for data of deployed products, both qualitative and quantitative
* Make it easy for non-technical stakeholders to understand data via data visualization
* Continually update practices based on industry best practices, team adoption, and business reception
* Set up system to support central and regional teams gathering required data, completing analysis and understanding insights to ensure informed decisions are made about products
* Be the knowledge expert on team data (learning product performance measures), team systems (LMS), and the systems that People Development products must integrate with (Workday, content curation platform)
* Manage administration of the internal learning management system (LMS)
* Manage duties such as scheduling of online/instructor-led trainings, maintaining the course catalog, and permission controls
* Support the integrity of our data by running regular audits and reporting
* Provide clear insights to PD and the business around L&OD needs and outcomes based on data
* Support the development and implementation of initiatives and programs by providing key data to make the best decision and ways to track progress and success
* Develop dashboards to show business impact of all PD initiatives and programs tracking against PD goals and priorities as well business goals and priorities
* Look externally to understand industry trends and benchmarks as well as future trends, keep the PD team up to date and drive innovation throughout the team
* Retain a sense of accountability and ownership to deliver projects on-time, on-scope, and on-budget
* Communicate clearly and flexes style based upon the needs of the audience
* Work under tight timelines, reconciling across multiple stakeholder groups
* Work cross functionally across the organisation and manage a variety of stakeholders at varying levels.
What You'll Need
* A BA/BS degree
* At least 5 years experience
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
* Experience with web technologies, learning management systems, data visualization tools, and assessment/evaluation tools
* Experience with data management, working with large datasets, reporting tools and the ability to navigate systems and tools while promoting efficiency and process improvement
* Ability to understand business issues and processes associated with data management including identifying root causes and recommending cost/benefit solutions
* Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, present complex information in a simplified manner, and make recommendations; Experience developing reports and visualizing data
* Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems logically and systematically in a timely manner by capturing and synthesizing information
* Basic understanding of product, program, or service management, the ability to work with various global stakeholders and prioritize competing deadlines
* Growth mindset and results-driven attitude
* The ability to function collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team, perform effectively and demonstrate a willingness to support the team on all levels to get the job done
About the Team
The People Development team accelerates Uber's business by enabling people and teams to do their best work and achieve their highest potential. We design and deliver products and processes from onboarding through executive leadership development to make it easier for people to grow themselves and each other. As a team, we lead with customer obsession, building globally and living locally, and celebrating differences.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.