Managing global workforces is increasingly complex. People Advisory Services (PAS) builds and improves organizational and individual performance, delivering a highly complex and challenging mission, especially in an everchanging working environment. As a member of one the PAS pillars - Workforce Advisory, Rewards or Mobility - you'll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences and a supportive environment. When you join us, you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and geographies and have the opportunity to take your career in the direction you want.
As an Experienced Staff within the PAS Workforce Advisory's Continuous Improvement Services team, you will join a talented group of professionals that's mission is to enable growth by utilizing breakthrough methodologies, thought leadership, and trusted partnerships to executive effective improvements. These include the development and delivery of client services in the areas of Lean, Six Sigma, Program Management, Agile Methodology, and Design Thinking. Our team also develops and delivers training and coaching of the application of Lean, Six Sigma, Agile and Design Thinking to our external clients as well as our own EY professionals.
Your key responsibilities
* Be the trusted advisor for continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Design thinking and Project management) to our clients.
* Assist with training on the concepts of continuous improvement and serve clients in the subject matter of continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Design thinking and Project management)
* Support and lead specific strategic planning activities and help develop solutions to client's needs.
* Ensure delivery of results via focused project selection and project execution within the subject matter
* Manage stakeholder relationships within specific areas and collaborate within all levels and areas of the organization
* Develop and lead a clear and simple communication style while working with clients and while mentoring professionals in the use of project management and continuous improvement methodologies
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
* Use the inputs of the observation of how a process works in order to determine the root cause of the process breakdowns through analytics. Analyze the "social"/political inputs from the stakeholders vs. what the data indicates. Review the thought process and recommendation with a more senior member of the team. This review could include options, benefits of risks /benefits of each.
* Determine the progress of tasks at hand. Use historical knowledge and foresight to infer where a project is at and how much additional time is needed. Effectively communicate any changes to timeline to other members of the team.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics or related field (required); MBA, JD or advanced degree preferred
* 1-4 years of prior consulting experience plus minimum of 1 year of project management experience
* PMP, Agile Scrum Master, Yellow Belt or Green Belt certification or progress toward certification
* Experience managing projects that deliver results, demonstrated success delivering complex projects and expertise in project management and execution.
* Strong process mindset, track record for delivering results in areas of project management or continuous process improvement methodologies such as DMAIC, Lean and DFSS/process design
* Knowledge of practice capabilities
* Ability to travel 80%+
Ideally, you'll also have
* Executive presence, outstanding facilitation and leadership skills (including the ability to hold audience attention, exude confidence)
* Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills and the ability to work within all levels of an organization
* Proficient with Visio, flowchart and process-mapping software and ability to drive projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology
* Demonstrated ability to effectively coach process owners, stakeholders and Green Belts
* Understanding and experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, etc
* Experience in applying Design Thinking to create problem solving (desirable), Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
What we look for
We're interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You'll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You'll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you're keen to play a pivotal role in bringing Lean Six Sigma, Agile, and Design Thinking methodologies to clients in order to tackle their challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus thirteen observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.