Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Department & Team Profile:
Operations Technology (OT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
The Process Automation and Robotics department within OT, provides solutions in support of Operations' processing of clients, developing and supporting a consistent set of platforms for Operations to control its client processing activities such as: trade inquiry; external trade matching; exception and workflow management, and business process monitoring. The Cross-Product Platforms Practice Area within the Process Automation and Robotics department is responsible for supporting a consistent set of platforms and frameworks to provide cross-product capabilities across processes and divisions and are used by over 6,000 users in the Firm.
We are looking for a strong Java/backend developer to help advance the next-generation Operations platform and provide our clients with elegant and performant web applications. The team is an energetic team of highly intellectual and creative developers who work on bleeding edge projects using a variety of different technologies. The challenges we strive to solve include scalability/performance related to dealing with very large data sets and multiple data sources.
We are a global team with members in London, Budapest, New York, Montreal, Mumbai, Pune and Zapopan (Mexico). The role involves collaborating with global team members and provides a unique opportunity to network with a diverse group of people.
The candidate who fills the role of a Java developer in our team will be involved in building and creating data services from the requirements stage through deployment. A successful candidate is self-motivated, innovative, thinks outside the box, has excellent problem solving and communication skills and is able to work with clients and stakeholders from both the business and technology with ease.
1. Must be CSSA certified in PRPC 7.x. CLSA is added advantage.
2. Must have hands on experience on Pega, Java, UI technologies.
3. Must be involved in building at least one application on pega platform from initials and involved till go live.
4. Should have involved in requirement gathering, planning, design and delivery phase of project.
5. Should have experience in designing a reusable components.
6. Should have good understanding of integration technology like JSON, REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP, HTTP etc.
7. Familiarity with technologies like Java script, HTML, CSS etc. Understanding of Angular framework is added advantage.
8. Should have good understanding of the email listener, file listener, agents, debugging and doing a performance test of an application.
9. Should have hand-on experience in developing applications on Pega Platform including architecture, design, database and best practices in application development in agile environment and information security.
10. Project management skills to execute and deliver projects.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.