Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
PC Technicians will be responsible for software and hardware installation and configuration. Maintain and repair a variety of equipment, install drivers, update systems firmware and BIOS, install Local Area Networks (LANs) and Virtual LANs. PC Technicians must have excellent troubleshooting skills along with exceptional organizing and time management skills.
PC Technician candidates need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. They must be customer service-oriented, articulate and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. Selected candidates may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray).
* Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs and peripherals, such as printers * Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades * Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues * Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines * Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades * Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule * Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization * Create and maintain user accounts with a lab environment * Maintain an inventory of hardware within a lab environment * Document lessons learned from repairs and fixes * Offer technical support and teach users how to utilize system functionality
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education: None.
Description: Previous experience working as a PC Technician
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
* DOD 8570 IAT Level I or higher
* Preferred Education: Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a related field * Preferred Experience: * Proven experience as a PC Technician or similar role. * LAN/WAN network experience. * Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles. * Preferred Certifications: CompTIA A , CompTIA Security , and/or any Microsoft Windows 7/10 or Server 2012/2016 certifications
* Work will be performed inside a large facility or outdoors and in inclement weather conditions (i.e. heat, ice, wind, snow, rain). An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). * Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
* Climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors and desks. Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Must be able to Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
* Operating vehicles, hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment. * General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. * Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
* Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday). * On-Call or after hours' support may be required * You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work * You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency or exercises
* Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
* Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination. * Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area. * The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.