Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies. Northrop Grumman is looking for a PC Network Support Technician to work in our Rolling Meadows facility. The PC Tech will provide technical support for computers and associated networks, and will install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers and related PC hardware/software in a classified environment.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* Connect personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
* Perform basic PC configuration.
* Instruct and assist users in the use of personal computers and networks.
* Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users.
* Maintain trouble ticket logs.
* Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements.
* Follow all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software.
* Work with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
* Coordinate with users, program staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
* Review the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed.
* Work through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated).
* Resolve tickets within established SLAs.
* Raise issues that require management attention or involvement.
* Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
* Work with engineers to resolve support issues, escalating to proper personnel where appropriate.
* Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
* Spend significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
* Associate's Degree (or other 2 year technical degree/diploma) plus 1 year of related experience in an IT Customer Support role; OR a High School Diploma/GED plus 3 years of experience in an IT Customer Support role is required
* Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
* Must have experience with laptops, desktops/workstations, printers, mobile devices, and computer components/peripherals
* Basic understanding of Windows server operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment, and general understanding of LAN/WAN networking is required
* Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds, and the ability to work from ladders, to install equipment and/or cabling
* Must be willing to work various shifts, or after hours/weekends, as needed
* Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (or higher) in order to be considered
* Cross platform experience (i.e., two or more OS platforms such as Windows, Linus, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, AIX, etc.)
* Experience in VMware VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure)
* Work history in meeting SLAs in an ITIL environment is highly preferred
* Certifications (A , Network , Security , Dell or HP) would be helpful
* Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE or MCSA) a plus
* Have strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and comprehensively to senior leadership and technical experts
* Strong organization and time-management skills, a "can-do" attitude, and a level of comfort with changing priorities
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously
* Active Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.