At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. We are helping companies create digital customer journeys that reduce cost, improve consumer satisfaction, and create new revenue.
IT Support Technician is part of the Synchronoss Corporate IT organization. Employee Support Services Engineer will be part of a team responsible for providing virtual and on-site support for workplace devices, software, and processes for end-users. Takes full responsibility for the timely completion of IT problem resolution with a wide-variety of clients, including supporting senior-level executives. As part of this position this individual is responsible for providing support on all things related to Audio/Video for the corporation for All hands town hall meetings etc.. Additional support and administration for IP Phones, desktops/laptops, printers, scanners, mobile phone devices, WIFI are required.
Title: IT Support Technician III
Location: Bridgewater, New Jersey
How you will help:
* Experience analyzing issues related to MS technologies and work with Vendor to resolve this.
* Experience in MS and Apple technologies to support end-user infrastructures.
* Experience with Active Directory (AD), O365, SharePoint and other MS products.
* Experience working with remote users in different time zones.
* Experience with ITIL based systems such as ServiceNow or any other ticketing system.
* Technical AV certifications such as Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) is a plus.
* Experience supporting Senior Leadership Teams (C-level executives)
* Strong audio video experience handling support during town hall meetings and other Executive meetings utilizing technologies such as WebEx, Webcast, Zoom, SfB (Skype for Business).
* Ability to operate related AV technologies required for the job, i.e., Town Hall events, conference room meetings, video conference-based events.
* Ability to operate and troubleshoot most AV equipment and systems, like Projection systems/display devices
* General knowledge of AV products (e.g., Crestron, Polycom).
* Ability to read and follow AV system flow diagrams and support documentation
* Troubleshoots audio/visual and videoconferencing related technology (various projectors, control systems, audio, and video conferencing) while maintaining conference room integrity.
* Must meet work deadlines, have regular attendance, excellent oral and written communication skills, a positive, professional image, high level of confidentiality, unquestionable ethics and integrity, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, share with the team and ability to organize, and prioritize
* Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical, logic, documentation skills and a team player that freely shares information with working peers.
* Troubleshoot and maintain physical and virtual desktop and laptop systems, printers, scanners, smart phones, etc.
* Document processes, issues and share information with teams across different locations.
* Troubleshoot and maintain VoIP phone systems
* Provide mobile phone support to trouble shoot device issues or Corporate IT supported applications on mobile devices.
* Conduct desktop and laptop OS imaging and image deployment using MS SCCM for Windows and JAMF for Mac
* Deploy and install application packages as needed by corporate users.
* Troubleshoot, resolve, and document system issues
* Work closely with our network and systems engineers on server, network, VLAN, and VoIP systems support
* Conduct periodic audits, testing, and remediation in accordance with IT, PCI, and internal audit policies
* Maintain a highly secure infrastructure, protecting sensitive corporate data from internal and external threats
* Participate in on-call support rotation
* Assist in the identification of potential security issues and recommended a strategy to ensure site security.
* Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software issues.
* Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access to network resources.
* Accurately maintains an inventory of computers and computer-related
Who we have in mind:
* Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) and 5+ years' experience working as a Desktop Support Specialist, in an environment supporting Windows 2008/2012 servers, Active Directory, Windows 7/8/10 operating systems, and VoIP phone systems equipment required
* Strong ability to work with a wide variety of end-user personalities, and adjust communication methods where required
* Two or more years working with OS and application imaging, packaging, patching, and deployment technologies, including thorough knowledge of Group Policy Objects implementations
* Experience working in environments supporting 2000+ users and 400+ servers, and offices at remote locations.
* Experience supporting VDI environment preferably using VMWare ESX virtualization enterprise platform.
* Experience in imaging via SCCM and JAMF (for Macs)
* Strong ability to work with a wide variety of end-user personalities and adjust communication methods where required.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Strong familiarity with Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Active Directory, and IIS 7.x
* Working familiarity of DNS, DFS, TCP/IP, UDP, SFTP, SMTP, IIS, Exchange 2010, McAfee products
* Ability to work independently without continuous supervision and proactively work on tasks without waiting on directions.
What we offer:
* Competitive Salary + Bonus
* Flex Time PTO
Synchronoss is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination, prejudice and harassment of any kind. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Synchronoss Technologies
Synchronoss provides personal cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe.