We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI's most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Recommends changes to payroll plans based on trends, third-party vendor's feedback and independent research.
* Recommends ways to incorporate technology into the payroll processes to improve efficiencies.
* Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
* Serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts.
* Maintains security setups in all payroll systems.
* Creates new roles within payroll systems and ensures access is given appropriately to new users based on security rights and needs.
* Maintains and sets up new system confirmations.
* Represents Payroll in IT integration projects.
* Provides ongoing assistance to users of payroll systems, and assists with developing and delivering user training.
* Develops standard and custom reports to meet the reporting requirements for all levels of the company.
* Runs periodic audits with payroll systems setups and interfaced vendors to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
* Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
* Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
* A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in payroll.
* A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
* Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
* Understands payroll regulations.
* Understands system reporting capabilities and limitations.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
* Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
* Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Analyzes and resolves system issues.
* Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* Industry-leading Wages
* Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
* Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
* 401(k) Plan
* Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
* Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
* Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.