Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
Department80647 Fin Serv-Pps
About the UnitResponsible for the daily operation of the University's non-purchase order payment system and associated process, including ongoing maintenance; system configuration, form creation; and database development, modification, and maintenance using a variety of office-software applications. Responsible for maintaining the Procurement Services web pages - creating new and modifying existing content. Responsible for managing the debarred vendor compliance program.
Job FamilyInformation Technology
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network infrastructure. Ensures operation and security of all servers and networks. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades applications and hardware for the organization's infrastructure and for end-user devices.
Career Track and Job LevelBusiness Systems Analysis
Acts as a liaison between the IT group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
P2: Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Role ImpactIndividual Contributor
ResponsibilitiesThe job liaises between the IT group and business to support the development and implementation of new systems and enhancements of existing systems. With moderate guidance, evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and uses elementary knowledge of University systems to recommend appropriate systems.
1) With moderate direction from others, conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses. Uses basic understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements., 2) Implements functional, system, and program specifications. Assists in revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary, under the direction of more experienced colleagues., 3) Supports the IT development group in building new systems and enhance existing systems. Assists in coding, testing, debugging, and implementing software solutions. Prepares documentation on system enhancements and/or alternatives., 4) Administers new IT developments, keeps up with evolving business requirements, and uses knowledge of University systems to recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems., 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Manages the University's non-purchase order payment application (ePayment) for users and provides system problem resolution support. Ensures that application data is accurate and up-to-date within and between environments (test and production).
2) Manages all functional aspects of the application including appropriate provisioning of access, determination of the configuration of process rules, customization of settings within departmental roles.
3) Manages University ePayment messages, communications, website, and support information. Answers majority of Level II (business-critical) and significant portion of Level III (IT-critical) questions pertaining to the University ePayment application.
4) Communicates program changes and enhancements to various payment and purchasing applications to different groups within the University community through a customized communication tool. Communicates changes to various user groups, based 0n their utilization of the system.
5) Identifies process improvements in the systems supported. Requests enhancements from external suppliers and internal University IT support to improve the performance of applications.
6) Manages the debarred supplier compliance program. Maintain a variety of policies, internal controls, and procedures associated with payment systems of the University.
7) Interface with colleagues in Shared Services and Procurement Category Teams to ensure development and maintenance of effective and efficient processes and procedures for payments.
1) Knowledge and understanding of fundamental purchasing and payment concepts.
2) Ability to communicate effectively and professionally (emphasis on email resolutions).
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4) Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and organizational skills.
5) Ability to participate as a team player and positively influence group activity.
6) Project management and proven problem solving and analytical skills.
7) Ability to enforce policies/procedures and continuously focus on process improvements.
8) Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel and Access skills.
9) Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal direction.
10) Strong communication and project management skills, with the ability to present to Senior Management.
11) Strong technical writing skills with demonstration of past experience with development of business requirements documentation.
Education, Experience, and CertificationsMinimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
1) A minimum of three years of experience in a large complex organization dealing with the purchasing and payment process.
2) A minimum of three years of experience in administering a business system
3) Experience in a customer service environment
4) Experience with interfaces between purchasing, accounts payable, and other financial systems .
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference list
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Pay GradeDepends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours37.5
Drug Test RequiredNo
Health Screen RequiredNo
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry RequiredNo
Remove from Posting On or Before2019-11-29-08:00
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.