Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced in major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed ISD-CHAMPS and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Pathology IT Analyst will be responsible for:
* Implementation, configuration, validation, support, maintenance, integration, and end user training activities associated with the pathology LIS and molecular LIMS.
* Working with all levels of staff in the pathology department, both anatomical pathology and molecular, on technical support to workflow development
* Installs and supports laboratory related hardware (i.e., bar code scanners, document scanners, cassette printers, slidemates, MiSeqs, NextSeq, Maxwell, and other molecular instruments) for all divisions. Validates functionality
* Troubleshoots and fixes problems with lab related hardware as referenced above
* Supports Voicebrook/Dragon dictation system
* Trains monthly rotating residents and fellows on PathNet
* Consulting with team members and the clinical community to match users' needs to the capabilities of our software
* Taking the lead on issue resolution: This entails working with team members to identify a resolution, as well as working with vendors to diagnose issues and correct them
* Clearly articulating and presenting solutions to colleagues and customers in the user community
* Writing documentation and manuals for workflows and SOPs for the lab.
We are looking for an energetic individual, who thrives in a team environment, is a hard worker and is not afraid of finding innovative and creative solutions to problems. If you are intrigued by the challenge of using technology to improve patient care, this opportunity is for you. This position is hands on and requires time spent in the pathology labs. Pathology or medical experience is preferred but not required.
In order to qualify you must have:
* Strong communication skills.
* The ability to manage relationships with a wide range of customers.
* A background in Health Care Information Technology with demonstrated success
* 2-4 years in a related field
* Bachelor's degree required
* Experience with SQL
* Experience with Python or other programming languages is preferred
* Experience with Pathnet, CoPath, PowerPath or SoftPath required.
* Experience with Clarity LIMS, STARLIMS or other LIMS preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.