Schedule: Flexible - ability to work days, evenings, or weekends depending on the business need. (Availability on Weeknights and Weekends) (Primary flexibility between 5pm EST - 11pm EST with the ability to work hours outside of that time slot based on business need)
Hours: Up to 20 hours for Part-time
The Live Classroom Technical Specialist is responsible for managing and supporting the faculty and student experience in 2U programs by providing take-charge, comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position requires an individual who is technically savvy, comfortable with online technologies, and is familiar with Adobe Connect or other video sharing platforms. The Live Classroom Technical Specialist will be expected to silently monitor sessions and make technical adjustments to audio/video and be proactive in ensuring a seamless classroom experience.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
* Providing exceptional service and support to faculty and students with technical issues in the Learning Management System (LMS), Adobe Connect and other technology platforms
* Monitoring live sessions to ensure they run smoothly in all aspects
* Completing all required documentation after each session so other teams can follow up to address any issues
* Troubleshooting technical issues and coordinating solutions with 2U's technical team
* Handle incoming communications from students in an expedient and professional manner
* Assisting students and faculty in troubleshooting basic technical issues in an expedited manner
* Identifying and referring students to Faculty and Student Support Advisors for additional training
* Being available for incoming calls during peak times
* Special projects
* Other duties as assigned
Things That Should Be in Your Background
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Minimum 1 year experience working in a service-oriented, customer support, technical support or related field.
* Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to work quickly and accurately; must be able to multitask in high-intensity situations
* Strong customer service background required (experience providing service in a collegiate, university or online environment a strong plus)
* Familiarity with online learning technology a plus
* Excellent computer skills (Current Microsoft & Apple OS, Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
* Strong customer service focus; commitment to faculty and student satisfaction and success
* Ability to work day, evening and/or weekend hours to support classroom sessions at peak times
* Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
* Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world's best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It's Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that's both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U's equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.