Work at AEG
Part-time Event Support Tech - IT
Dignity Health Sports Park
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
* AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
* AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
* AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
* AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
* AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Event Support Technician-IT provides onsite event support to the IT Manager for any network connectivity issues that may occur before or during various events at the StubHub Center and Velodrome.
* Provide technical support to end users to resolve network connectivity issues by following detailed instructions.
* Handle physical tasks indoors/outdoors involving placement and setup of network equipment. Troubleshoot & test connectivity (wired & Wi-Fi) as necessary.
* Make custom-length CAT5e network cables in-the-field using RJ45 connectors and crimping tools. Coordinate with Network Team to activate Ethernet ports on required VLAN's through patch panels and respective network switches.
* Maintain record of activated wall jacks, network switch ports. Extend CAT5e Ethernet cable and secure with gaffers tape according to specific venue requirements/floor plan instructions as directed.
* Troubleshoot complex network issues and configure QoS, routers, switches, wireless controllers using best practices
* Other duties as assigned
* A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree in Information Technology preferred)
* A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
* Ability to provide outstanding customer support
* Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and professionally with all client's / end users in a clear and concise manner
* Punctual in accordance with event schedule or directives
* Excellent network troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of network infrastructure, patch panels, fiber, switches, SOHO routers, wireless networking devices, Ethernet extenders, cable testers, etc.
* Ability to successfully connect devises to network (wired & Wi-Fi)
* Ability to safely lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
* A complete understanding of DHCP, DNS, and IP subnetting
* Experience working with 3rd party vendors and internet service providers
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions such as heat, cold, dust, and wind
* Work effectively either independently or as a team member
* Ability to prioritize requests, organize, schedule and coordinate a variety of activities
* Candidate MUST be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.