Verizon Media Group
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
When you impact millions of people every single day, you become a large target for adversaries of all types within all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Verizon Media one of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the information security team at Verizon Media, known as "The Paranoids".
We protect Verizon Media, its brands, and their members. We deliver information security solutions and services to protect information assets, computing infrastructure, applications and data. We work to address vulnerabilities before they can be exploited against Verizon Media.
The Vulnerability Management Technical Security Engineer will be responsible for configuring vulnerability assessment tool(s), performing scans, analyzing vulnerabilities, identifying meaningful threats, recommending corrective actions, and summarizing results. Approaches for addressing vulnerabilities may include vendor patching, deployment of specialized controls, code or infrastructure changes, and improvements in development processes. These approaches will be deployed by a variety of teams, including IT Security operational and engineering teams, application and infrastructure teams, and tool support teams.
* Plan, develop, and execute vulnerability scans of Verizon Media's information systems, including both on-premise and cloud environments
* Enhance vulnerability repository with new data sources, reports, and dashboards
* Maintain complete assessment coverage, ensuring agent installations and scans fully operate
* Implement vulnerability solutions to expand our detection capabilities
* Support and expand the asset management system, correlating security data with business related asset information
* Design improvements to accurately track vulnerabilities and assets in highly mutable cloud environments
* Manage enterprise vulnerability scanning tools and custom automation
* Generate reports on assessment findings/patch compliance and summarize information to facilitate remediation tasks
* Build and maintain a comprehensive process to address all vulnerabilities that impact Verizon Media business processes
* Provide critical analyses and information from vulnerability data that can be used to advance the security of our products
Familiarity with metrics and measurements used in vulnerability assessment methods as well as software quality assurance. Knowledge of infrastructure, database, network and application security vulnerability issues. Experience in maintaining an up to date Measures & Metrics knowledge base for vulnerabilities as well as conducting trend analysis and developing complex reports.
Demonstrated ability to work with system administrators, development managers and information security teams to ensure that activities meet standards and are provided within the required schedule. Must be able to make quick decisions based on factual findings that will have potentially broad impacts. Strong analysis and analytics experience. People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical clients to explain and elaborate on technical details.
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of hands-on scripting, system administration, or software development experience
* Scripting proficiency and experience with data correlation and/or administering technologies in a cloud environment
* Experience in one or more of the following technologies: Python, Splunk, AWS, Vulnerability Scanners, Vulnerability Management Systems, Host Based Security Systems, Patch Management
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* CISSP, CISA or equivalent designation
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.