Verizon Media Group
As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
When you impact millions of people every single day, you become a large target for adversaries of all types within all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Verizon Media's brands some of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the information security team at Verizon Media; known as "The Paranoids".
We protect Verizon Media, its brands, and their members. We ensure that our members are kept safe from targeted attacks and account hijacking. We investigate cyber threats that affects Verizon Media's infrastructure, properties, and worldwide user base and apply creative legal and technical remedies to mitigate those activities.
The Paranoids Risk and Control Testing Senior SME will implement and support security and compliance initiatives, policies, and documentation across Verizon Media. The Senior SME must be fluent in cybersecurity and a skilled communicator to translate policies to management and facilitate implementation strategies. The ideal candidate will have prior 10+ years experience performing similar responsibilities in risk, security and compliance in similar industries (e.g., software, technology, media) or with similar scope (e.g., large, global organizations).
* Regulatory Integration - Monitor for new legal and regulatory requirements, communicate applicable requirements and coordinate implementation.
* Cyber Risk Controls Testing and Validation - Maintain unified controls framework objectives including control testing, track and remediate control gaps, deficiencies and vulnerabilities.
* Enterprise Incident Management - Develop and maintain formal response plans for high severity, enterprise wide incidents including identification of internal and external stakeholders, their relative communications needs, and processes for sharing information with regulatory organizations.
* General - Oversee the development and deployment of global certification programs (e.g. PCI, ISO 27001, SSAE-16 SOC 2, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security or related field or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of technical experience in deploying security compliance
* Proven experience in developing and leading global, complex IT risk assessments
* Demonstrated project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
* Strong knowledge of current GRC trends and best practices (e.g. 3 Lines of Defense)
* Strong knowledge of the following Compliance Standards: NIST CSF, PCI DSS, ISO27001:2013, SSAE-16 SOC-2
* Relevant cyber certifications (e.g., CISA, CISSP, GSEC, CCNA, CISM)
* Strong technical writing and public speaking
* 5+ years of relevant cybersecurity experience for a global technology or media company
* Experience in large scale technology implementations
* Prior audit experience
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.