Verizon Media Group
As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
When you impact millions of people every day, you become a large target for adversaries in all layers of the stack. Our job is to keep our users safe and make Verizon Media one of the safest places on the Internet.
We are the information security team at Verizon Media. People call us "The Paranoids."
Reporting to the Paranoids head of Program Management and Business Operations, you will lead both tactical and strategic initiatives in support of our security program. In this role, you will coordinate projects within the Paranoids and partner with other teams across the company. You will be responsible for managing programs as well as developing and managing processes company-wide in a variety of security areas including governance, architecture, vulnerability management, cloud security, product security, network security, intrusion detection, dev operations, data centers, IAM, enterprise security, incident response, and other critical areas of information security.
You'll partner with teams across the company including IT, Network, Engineering, and Legal to help us protect over a billion users.
* Verizon Media is currently seeking a strong Program Manager with a desire to focus on information security to join the Paranoids Program Management Office (PMO).
* This role provides significant growth in knowledge and experience in the areas of information security, program management, business operations, and business change management.
* The Program Manager is responsible for planning and executing projects within the information security portfolio, driven by the Paranoids and/or other partner organizations.
* The Program Manager will be responsible for engaging with Verizon Media engineers, managers, and leaders to evaluate and balance between security projects and business impacts.
* Candidates should be familiar with common project/program management principles as well as demonstrate an understanding of the PMBOK (PMI) and Agile frameworks.
* Candidates should have experience managing program budgets and related procurement activities.
* Working with the project teams and leadership, you'll plan and deliver on initiatives accounting for resource needs, budgetary needs, and other factors to meet expected project timelines and goals.
* You'll drive large, technical programs to address security needs.
* You'll be accountable for the successful, on-time, and on-budget delivery of security projects.
* You'll measure progress against goals and report to the team and up to executive leadership.
* Manage a portfolio of 3 - 5 formal security projects, based on size, scope, and complexity.
* Drive security and process improvements into Paranoids and throughout the company.
* Represent the Paranoids and the PMO internally.
What You Bring
Education / Certifications / Experience
* Bachelor degree with a preference in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or technical related field.
* Advanced degree preferred: Masters, MBA.
* One or more of the following certifications: PMP, Agile, Scrum Master, Six Sigma, Scaled Agile
* One of the following security certifications is preferred: CISM, CISSP, GIAC
* At least 2 - 5 years of technical program/project management experience working on cyber security projects
* 1 - 3 years of people management or team management experience
* Solid knowledge of software development lifecycles and methodologies.
* Experience collecting, analyzing, and presenting security metrics.
* Working knowledge of attacker lifecycles and defender strategies.
* Familiarity with security frameworks such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework or ISO 27001/2.
* Experience with technologies and processes such as networks, encryption, vulnerability management, identity and access management, endpoint management, risk management, and cloud services
* Experience leading programs to completion, including conducting post-mortems or retrospectives.
* Strong hands-on knowledge of Jira ticketing / workflow systems, ability to generate metrics & reports.
* Experience with Google accounts - mail, calendar, docs, sheets, forms, presentation, drawing
* Experience with project/portfolio management tools such as QuickBase
Change Management Capabilities
* Expert problem solver, using proven methods to solve difficult issues effectively.
* Experience in dealing with ambiguity, effectively copes with change.
* Results oriented, exceeds goals, and motivates others for results.
* Proven conflict management skills and remains composed under pressure.
* Strong interpersonal skills, builds rapport and effective relationships.
* Defines project goals and milestones, prioritizing business and project requirements. Maintains focus on priority efforts and efficiently manages scope creep throughout engagement.
* Delivers regular and effective communication to key stakeholders in the business.
* Defines and documents business process, identifying gaps in efficiency.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media Group
Verizon Media Group is a diverse house of more than 50 media and technology brands that engages more than a billion people around the world.