Under the supervision of the Director of Radiology and direction from the Regional Director of Imaging Services, manages the operations of the PACS systems at the local facility to meet the clinical needs of the Imaging Department's workflow and referring physicians' expectations of receipt of diagnosis. Additionally responsible for multi-facility oversight with regards to troubleshooting system problems; regional initiatives and implementation processes for a system-wide integrated PACS environment. Responsible for local system support and training for local processes and implementation of software upgrades and peripheral installations. Responsible for working in collaboration with KP-IT in the installation planning and execution of all PACS related local projects.
* Evaluates and implements PACS initiatives and changing priorities with smooth transition to the film-less environment in a timely manner.
* Responsible for assisting with planning, developing and implementing a full service PACS in coordination with KP WAN, and WEB, IT and NCR ISD's as needed.
* Participates in regional on-call rotation and support for all regional PACS initiatives. Participates in regional planning and operations support processes.
* Assists with system changes for local electronic transcription; local software and hardware upgrades as well as local and regional training for pertinent system changes.
* Responsible for advanced training (vendor and internal) for local physicians, technologists and other staff related to the Imaging PACS Implementations.
* Responsible for local system administration coursework in Stentor/Phillips and Advanced DICOM coursework for internal purposes.
* Performs local audits, gathers statistics and prepares reports for management and quality improvement.
* Assists other PACS Administrators if needed remotely to troubleshoot and subsequently repair software related problems or issues upon request.
* Provides technical support and training for PACS Level 1 staff.
* Responsible for participating in regional Imaging Information Strategy groups as requested by the Regional Director of Imaging Services.
* Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Minimum five (5) years of experience in business, organizational development, informatics or technology relation fields required.
* Associate's degree in business, organizational development, information or technology related fields.
License, Certification, Registration
* Supervisory or management experience in a high volume full-service hospital managing 10 or more employees is required.
* Experience in administrative operations preferably in the healthcare environment.
* Experience in conducting training, implementation and troubleshooting of imaging informatics products (software and hardware).
* Computer and information data systems experience required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required.
* DICOM, HL7 knowledge required.
* Strong information technology and computer skills required.
* Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations that pertain to records retention, confidentiality and the release of medical records.(HIPAA, Hi-Tech).
* Accountable for managing the digital dictation system, transcription systems and electronic reporting systems for Imaging as well as potential involvement with parallel service lines requiring PACS assistance.
* Training by vendor for regional on-call rotation work required.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Voice Recognition software and hardware experience preferred.
* iSite PACS experience preferred.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Budget management and development preferred.
Primary Location: California,Walnut Creek,Walnut Creek Hospital 1425 S. Main St. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Individual Contributor Job Category: Imaging / Radiology Department: Radiology / Imaging Services Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >