As a senior leader in Project Execution, you will lead high-performing teams in envisioning and creating complex technology solutions across the firm. This prominent position combines strategic thinking - about industry trends, firm-specific initiatives and relevant technology - with a deep understanding for how to develop and implement programs that can be rolled out globally, and across multiple lines of business. You'll work closely with executive leadership across the firm to identify and prioritize projects that serve the best interest of the entire firm. Meanwhile, you'll ensure that your Project Execution colleagues have the resources and guidance they need to deliver timely and relevant solutions. As a key professional in JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology group, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the industry's leading talent in developing programs with broad and lasting implications.
One of the strategic program we are therefore embarking on this year is 'Manager Effectiveness' as the role of managers across our engineering teams is as critical as ever. To deliver faster, better, and more secure solutions to our clients, GT needs to invest in developing and empowering those who lead us to success in our transformation and so we are launching an initiative that aims to strengthen our culture of leadership and to provide managers with the tools, resources, and opportunities they need to lead effectively.
The initial focus of this role would be to lead the 'Career Path & Manager Fit' work stream as part of this broader Manager Effectiveness program. Subsequent responsibilities would include leading Organization Design efforts to better define a new operating model for the technology organization, as well as driving the necessary changes to our Job Family construct in-support of the new operating model.
This position will include partnering with various cross-LOB leaders and key partners across Global Technology including GT LOB Leads/CIOs, HR to develop role definitions and career path options for the manager. The ideal candidate will have strategy skills to identify and solve for challenges but also strong execution skills to deliver upon the strategy. This position will involve working across all lines of business and geographies and will require solid communication skills, ability to build relationships and drive a consistent agenda.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expert knowledge in all business processes across an entire line of business, as well expertise in other lines of business and technology disciplines
* Track record for managing high-performing teams on large and complicated programs.
* Ability to create and support a collaborative culture that attracts, retains and develops top talent
* A strong understanding of financial control, budget management, risk management and operations
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
* 8-10 + years of Organizational Development or HR Strategy / Consulting experience
* Proven experience structuring frameworks/approaches to complex problem solving
* Ability to identify and gather relevant data, then analyze data to drive management discussions decisions around business processes and change management efforts
* Ability to establish and build relationships and establish strong partnerships at senior levels across Global Technology
* Ability to drive change across client groups including stakeholder analysis, communication plan and measurement strategy
Global Technology (GT) is undergoing a significant transformation in its operating model; shifting to Agile, DevOps, and a Product-oriented operating model. This is requiring us to re-architect the way we think about roles and titles within the organization, as well as the role of the manager in this new construct. In conjunction with this change, we are building a program to increase the effectiveness of our current, and future managers; to help them develop the right behaviors for their personal success, along with supporting their teams effectively.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.