Organization Design Manager
Are you passionate about helping clients solve complex challenges and supporting them through critical transformations? As a member of our Organization Transformation (OT) practice, you will deliver organization strategy, organization design, and workforce transition enablement for industry leading clients.
Would you like to work for an organization committed to your professional development and personal success? Deloitte offers an award-winning culture that supports our employees' development of their personal brand through learning opportunities, professional experiences, inclusion, collaboration and personal well-being.
Work you'll do
As an Organization Design Manager, you will use a combination of our global methodology and advanced analytical tools to design and deliver organization strategy solutions to our clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and implement organization strategies that support improved client future-state organizational design and service delivery
* Manage the process for preparing organization design alternatives, testing them against design criteria, and aligning leadership groups around design selection and implementation
* Apply analytic and visualization tools to assess the impact of varying design and decision solutions
* Manage the process of identifying, assigning, and implementing decision making authority and responsibility to both individuals (decision rights) and groups (governance)
* Prepare workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to transition talent at all levels
* Design jobs and roles, create competency models and career paths to aid in the selection and transition of employees
* Serve as a trusted advisor to clients through the organization design process
* Lead and contribute to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
* Drive business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
* Act in a mentoring capacity to support the career development of OT colleagues
The Organization Transformation practice is about transforming the organization (and the benefits providers that serve them) to support its business strategy. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. It could include changing the organization's culture, modernizing specific functions, re-designing the organization structure, and will require a combination of change management actions to execute the transformation. To enable our success, it will be critical to use data and insights to inform better ways of working together.
* Minimum six (6) years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with at least one (1) year of relevant experience in an external consulting role
* Minimum four (4) years of experience leading multiple project teams simultaneously on relevant engagements
* Proven experience in business development and/or proposal development in support of related specialty areas
* Bachelors' degree
* Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
* Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of a team; experience in employee performance reviews
* Previous experience in project planning, budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management
* Advanced degree in related specialization area
* Demonstrated interest in a profession in Human Capital work through professional organizations, coursework, certifications, conference attendance, etc.
* Strong analytic and data visualization skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRMK016-HC