Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages a team supporting and/or implementing software project(s) and/or internal systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Successful track record in applications implementation and as a manager. Expert knowledge of all applications within a business area; plus some knowledge of other applications. BA/BS degree preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Health Sciences - Cloud Application Service Manager The Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) is a specialized business unit focused on the software and service requirements of the health sciences industry. By delivering software solutions aimed at adding value to Healthcare and life science organizations the HSGBU is at the forefront of enabling better patient outcomes within the industry.
The HSGBU Application Management Services (AMS) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, high caliber, team oriented manager who seeks being a major part of a transformative revolution in the delivery of modern business cloud based applications. We are seeking a highly capable, best in class technical leader to drive strategic and practical solutions for the full lifecycle operations of the Cloud based Health Sciences product offerings.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Be a leader of the Application Management Services team, whose mission is to provide full application lifecycle operational support for the Health Sciences suite of products running in the Oracle Cloud.
* Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the HSGBU products in order to ensure they meet our customer's mission critical needs.
* In partnership with our Product Development and hosting team, you will have the responsibility to ensure that our products meet 24x7 mission critical requirements for availability, security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
* Provide technical leadership in defining operational processes, practices, and standards focused on increasing reliability and resilience of HSGBU product offerings in the Oracle Cloud.
* Maintain high performing team for support of operational "Run" activities for the Health Sciences Cloud Services including Business as Usual deliverables and Unplanned Incident response.
* Incident Response - Drive the technical content for internal communication used throughout the incident response process, including postmortem/root cause analysis, end-to-end repair item definition, and fixes in production.
* Certify resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented and maintained.
* Automation - Clearly understand automation and orchestration principles, and be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
* Prevention - Using data-driven incident findings, you will work on solutions that will ultimately prevent the incident/problem from arising ever again, and interim solutions to more quickly resolve the problem next time.
* Provide regular and accurate management reporting on Service performance.
* Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment.
* Be an ambassador for the Application Management Team, working across the business to provide effective communication on Cloud Operations matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
* BS in Computer Science or related field and 10 years relevant experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of data center operations experience, with demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the full software life cycle, escalation management, continuous improvement, and operational automation.
* 2 years relevant experience deploying and running large scale online systems built on Cloud platforms such as Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and/or OpenStack.
* Experience maintaining, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed services • Building automated tools in Python, Java, and/or Ruby.
* Experience with one or more orchestration, deployment tools, e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and/or Chef.
* Experience managing solutions for application layer telemetry, monitoring, scalability, performance and reliability.
* Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA's.
* Excellent written and verbal technical communications with technical and non-technical peers, customers, and at times, executive leadership.
* Proven success in contributing in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, with the ability to establish and nurture relationships between multiple teams and navigate dependencies.
* Possess strong organizational skills, with a track record of managing multiple tasks effectively.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.