Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Role Purpose: The Oracle Enterprise Architect for Utilities is a senior professional who leads collaborative, enterprise-level architecture development initiatives with our top Utility Customers with Perpetual Universal License Agreements (PULA) utilizing, as applicable: Oracle's full cloud portfolio (including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS), complete software and hardware stack, Oracle Consulting Services and Advanced Customer Services, Oracle's Enterprise Cloud Adoption Lifecycle, architecture assets and best practices. As an influential and recognized authority in enterprise architecture for Utilities, the OEA helps create, position, sell, and deliver cross-pillar solutions and architecture services. In collaboration with Oracle and customer teams, the OEA uses a practical, business-driven approach in order to produce implementable architecture roadmaps that are tailored to the customer's environment. These roadmaps aid the customer in moving to a proposed Oracle architecture that promotes business/IT alignment with measurable customer business results. Through this process, the OEA builds trusted customer relationships with broad audiences, including: C-level executives, business stakeholders, enterprise/IT architects and technology domain specialists.
The OEA will report into the North America Technology Division, will dotted-line into the Utility Global Business Unit, and will work closely all other Oracle Applications groups.
The OEA maintains his/her reputation as a credible senior technologist by staying current with Oracle's complete product and service portfolio, and by achieving and maintaining both OEA certification and industry-recognized Cloud and EA certifications.
* Technical Bachelors Degree (Engineering, Computer Science or Math)
* Technical Masters Degree or MBA (preferred)
* At least 10 years of deep enterprise IT experience and knowledge primarily around cloud, enterprise applications, integration, database, security, business intelligence, systems management and emerging technology.
* Broad and deep Oracle applications and technology knowledge with proficiency in two Oracle technology domains.
* Strong experience with public cloud offerings from Oracle, AWS and/or Azure.
* Expertise in Utility industry reference architecture and business practices.
* Experience and skills in aligning business strategy with IT architecture and developing business cases for recommended solutions.
* Lead technical architect experience and skills in shaping cloud vision, performing current state architecture analysis, architecture maturity assessments, developing and proposing future state architectures and roadmaps.
* Strong analytical skills and communication skills (informal and formal, verbal, written, and graphical). Ability to contextualize architectural concepts for various audiences.
* Strong pre-sales experience. Credible, influential and able to value sell recommended solutions.
* Technical whiteboarding, building and delivering cloud demos and leading workshops.
* Experience applying EA frameworks such as TOGAF, FEA/DODAF, MIT-Sloan, Zachman, Gartner, ITIL, COBIT. Enterprise Architecture credentials are highly valued.
* Professional demeanor and attire.
* Strong C-Level presence and relationship building skills.
* Strong cross-functional engagement management skills, leveraging various technology, product and business experts to achieve success.
* Strong cross pillar architecture skills, developing complex architectures leveraging cloud services, applications and technologies.
* Act as lead Oracle technologist for assigned Account(s)
* Develop short, mid, and long-term roadmaps for Customer.
* Help Customer maximize the value of their PULA through awareness, demand gen and technology uptake and success management.
* Help show value realization for Perpetual Universal License Agreement, including helping with sizing and validating quoting for internal customer business case/value realization accounting.
* Develop and drive large cross pillar solutions including Oracle IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, on-premise tech and apps, and services.
* Work with the Key Account Director to lead the account strategy and manage execution across stakeholders from all units across Oracle.
* Lead all consultative selling enabling services including domain architects, sales consulting, Business Analyst, etc.
* Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
* Interact with all roles at customer - including CIO, CTO, IT Architects, technical staff and Business representatives.
* Articulate case for change.
* Lead detailed discovery analysis.
* Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops.
* Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
* Provide detailed sizing and associated justification.
* Identify and evangelize key business and technology benefits of adoption.
* Drive all aspects of the Cloud Adoption Model known as LAER (land, adopt, expand, renew).
* Help Customers migrate to, adoption and operationalize Oracle Cloud.
* Remain fully aware of relevant architectural programs and assets from Oracle worldwide.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.