Healing the healthcare system starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Health Solutions - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Healthcare payers and providers consistently turn to McKesson Health Solutions for innovative products and services. Every day, hundreds of organizations from government agencies to hospitals count on us. We partner with the top 25 payor organizations, more than 90 percent of Blue Cross Blue Shield organizations, over 3,000 hospitals and many others - in fact, our solutions touch more than 160 million lives. Our unrivaled clinical integrity, broad product and service offerings and largest client base in the industry mean we're able to collaborate on the most pressing, complex business issues in healthcare. At McKesson Health Solutions, we're working to improve the healthcare system one partner at a time.
This role requires a highly competent and highly motivated individual who wants to strengthen their technical abilities and grow their professional career. This Oracle DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Excellent analytical skills, time management skills, communication skills, ability to prioritize and multi task, ability to routinely make effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction is required.
1. Troubleshooting and Resolving Incidents 2. Monitoring and Support Activities 3. Manage Database Access and Audit Compliance 4. Automation and Scripting 5. Projects
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* BS C.S., BS M.I.S. or related field equivalent experience * Must have 3+ years of Oracle Database Administration experience in a Linux/Unix environment * Experience with one or more of the following - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB
* Responsible for installation, administration, troubleshooting of database systems * Support database systems to meet business SLAs * Must have the ability and willingness to be available off-hours and provide rotational 7x24 on-call support * Installs, configures and integrates third party applications and tools as needed * Develop procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention to prevent customer impact * Follow release management, change management and quality assurance standards * Identify and assist in implementing process improvements in various database aspects while working with Application DBA teams * Control and monitor user access to databases and ensure regulatory and security compliance * Familiar with managing a database in a SOX compliant environment * Responsible for solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary * Support and troubleshoot backup, recovery, business continuity solutions and provide assistance to DR teams * Assumes ownership of database related problems; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis * Responsible for opening, managing, escalating and resolving SRs with Oracle Support * Assists vendor support services as well as IT team members to quickly resolve problems
* Must have hands on experience administering Oracle 11g and 12c * Must have good knowledge of Oracle Architecture and Concepts * Must have good knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios with and without using RMAN * Must have experience writing scripts using Python, Perl and/or Shell * Must have good knowledge of Oracle Tools and Utilities * Must have experience optimizing SQL and PL/SQL
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Must be able to travel up to 10% as required * Oracle 18c experience is a plus * Oracle Data Guard experience is a plus * Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) experience is a plus * Experience with SQL Server Clustering and/or Always On Availability Groups and/or Log Shipping is a plus * Experience with one or more of the following databases is a plus - SQL Server, DB2, Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB * Knowledge of Remedy preferred but not required. * Knowledge of current and emerging technologies for use in database systems.
Environment : Office
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team. It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Health Solutions, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.