McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
We are seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to join our team in the Las Colinas office.
The Senior Oracle DBA role requires a highly competent and highly motivated individual who wants to strengthen their technical abilities and grow their professional career. This role requires a service-oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Excellent analytical skills, time management skills, communication skills, ability to prioritize and multi task, ability to routinely make effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction is required
* Install, Configure, Manage and Monitor databases
* Performance Optimization, SQL Optimization, Troubleshooting
* Data Modeling, Mentoring, Database Security and Audit Compliance
* Scripting and Automation
* Identifies server hardware, software and configurations necessary for running databases in an optimal fashion
* Performs installation, configuration, patching and upgrades in a SOX compliant environment
* Installs, configures and integrates third party applications and tools as needed
* Develop procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, preventing customer impact
* Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols and standards
* Configure and optimize AIX/Linux servers to support databases
* Experience installing RPMs, setting kernel/TCP parameters, optimizing IO subsystem and system layout for databases
* Control and monitor user access to databases and ensure regulatory and security compliance
* Work with application service owners and technical leads to ensure project and service deliverables are met
* Responsible for providing database expertise to project teams to maximize system availability, efficiency, and security
* Work with development teams and 3rd party vendors throughout the development life cycle regarding optimal use of database resources and features
* Responsible for designing, building, testing and deploying database solutions for projects
* Collaborates with all members of IT to ensure successful application and database implementations
* Follow release management, change management and quality assurance standards
* Assumes ownership of database related problems; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis.
* Responsible for opening, managing, escalating and resolving Support Requests with Oracle and other vendors
* Assists vendor support services as well as IT team members to quickly resolve problems
* Monitor and analyze database performance and make changes to optimize performance
* Responsible for working with the development/support teams to optimize SQL statements
* Responsible for solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary
* Will be the subject matter expert on the supported applications and will provide support to the on-call DBA
* Provide 24x7 support and participate in on-call rotation
* Responsible for validating the backup strategy and performing on demand backups and restores
* Develop new backup and recovery processes that leverage new techniques and technology
* Experience scripting and automating solutions using Python, Powershell, Shell, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Perl …etc.
* Learn and stay current on the features and functionality of all databases supported by the team
* Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards
Typically has 8+ years relevant experience. Less years had if has relevant Master's or Doctorate qualifications.
* Hands on experience administering Oracle 11g and 12c
* Experience optimizing database solutions for multi-terabyte databases
* Expert knowledge of Oracle Architecture and Concepts
* Expert knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios with and without using RMAN
* Good knowledge of Oracle Tools and Utilities
* Must have experience writing and optimizing SQL and PL/SQL
* Must have experience writing scripts using Shell and/or Python
* Must have experience with Oracle RAC on the Oracle SuperCluster
* Must have Oracle Golden Gate experience
* Must have Oracle Data Guard experience
* Experience administering databases in Azure/GCP is a plus
* Experience administering SAP databases is a plus
* SolarisAIX/Linux administration experience is a plus
* Experience using Idera/Oracle Enterprise Manager is a plus
* Experience using one or more of SQL Server/DB2/SAP HANA/Sybase/Postgres/MySQL/MariaDB is a plus
* Knowledge of Remedy preferred but not required
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Travel requirement of 10% as needed
General office demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance - individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can't do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.