Oracle Database Administrator (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 223704
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
What You'll Get to Do:
CACI has an outstanding opportunity for a detail-oriented, innovative, Oracle Database Administrator to support a government project maintaining critical data for users to execute their mission effectively and efficiently.
The opportunity is limited to self-starters with an advanced level of experience in managing and developing databases. You must be capable of working independently in a custom, dynamic, agile development environment. In addition, you will need to be customer-oriented, assisting developers and engineers in accessing the data from multiple applications.
You will provide administration of the application databases within the development, test, and production environments utilizing both physical servers and in the cloud. Your responsibilities will include providing full database administration, including backups, deployment of new database changes, securing the database systems, performance tuning, researching and developing new database technologies and solutions, as well as implementing database policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
More About this Role:
Database Administration team members have the following responsibilities:
* Perform daily monitoring of multiple databases to include Backup Execution/Monitoring and Performance Tuning
* Replication Monitoring (Oracle streams and application-based replication)
* Maintenance and enhancement of existing DBMS-centric software baseline
* Design & development of new capabilities to include data structure design and capacity planning
* Design & development of PL/SQL code
* Application, testing, and documentation of database upgrades and IAVA patches
* Assisting developers on DBMS usage guidelines, improvements in logic and other design considerations
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Requires bachelor's degree
Security+ Certification (or equivalent DoD IA cert)
5-7 years of related experience with DBMS installation, configuration, upgrading/patching and operations
* Experience with development and debugging of PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, and anonymous blocks
* SQL analysis/tuning
* Experience with Linux OS
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Able to work independently
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team
* Desire to enhance your abilities
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
The following skills and experience are desired:
* Oracle certifications
* PL/SQL Development
* Database Partitioning
* Data transfer/manipulation/ETL methodologies
* Experience with GEOINT or SIGINT ground systems
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.