Samsung SDS America is currently seeking a senior Oracle DBA in Ridgefield Park, NJ office to join our Data center operation team. The individual will support Oracle environments across Samsung's global infrastructure, including our secure private cloud and internal corporate systems. This position is part of a strong DBA team that provides managed IT services to various customers in North America region. This senior level Oracle DBA will have the ability and willingness to mentor and share knowledge with fellow team members.
* Install database server software.
* Design and build databases, schemas, stored procedures, and other database objects.
* Set up routine database backup procedures and disaster recovery procedures.
* Perform database recoveries.
* Tune databases for performance. Monitor database performance trends.
* Assist developers and end-users with database usage, query development, and tuning.
* Develop operating system scripts to automate backups, data transfers, monitoring, etc.
* Install and support the database components of packaged database applications.
* Support database connectivity from client applications.
* Design and implement database security schemas. Install routine security related patches.
* Provides direction to less senior DBA's. Assists associate and intermediate DBA's with complex database tasks.
* Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database administration.
* 5+ years of Production Oracle DBA experience on UNIX/Linux and Windows
* Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c and Oracle Enterprise Manager
* Ability to perform Oracle patches and upgrade along with backup and restoration
* Experience with high availability (RAC), standby (Data Guard), and backup and recovery (RMAN)
* Experience tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR, ASH…
* Scripting Experience (Shell, Perl, etc.) required. Ability to create scripts to perform automation daily tasks
* Experience with Database Monitoring tools. Also documenting database policies, procedures and standards
* Experience DB migration between various OSs.
* Strong knowledge on Oracle security parameter settings
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment, good multi-tasking and time management skill.
* Excellent communication skills within groups and teams
* Ability to provide off- hour support and on-call required
* Experience working with ITSM process (Change mgmt., CI mgmt. etc)
* Provide support and guidance to application groups with SQL tuning, data modeling
* Experience managing non-oracle DB such as DB2, Mysql, MariaDB, and Postgresql
* Oracle certification preferred
Nice to have:
* Experience with Oracle Golden Gate, AWS, NoSQL
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401(k), PTO (Paid Time Off)