Computer Aid, Inc., (CAI) an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking an Oracle Applications DBA for a long-term support engagement in the downtown Chicago area.
The Oracle DBA will be responsible primarily for supporting the daily operations of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Public Sector Budget, and Purchasing- iProcurement/iSupplier), Hyperion, Primavera, OAF EAM, and OBIEE. The DBA will work collaboratively with functional analysts and technical developers to support the client applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, cloning, health checks, performance monitoring, system and SQL tuning, and optimization of the multi-node Oracle EBS 12 Applications on 11g/12c Databases * Implementing and executing robust backup and recovery solutions * Implementing and enforcing standards, policies, and best practices * Root-cause analysis and resolution of complex problems in support of production environments, including 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis * This position is not limited to supporting only Oracle databases, but includes a variety of different Applications like Oracle Portal, E-Business Suite (11i/R12), Application Server, OBIEE, Essbase, SOA, Weblogic, APEX, etc. * Managing Service Request (SR) support with Oracle
Qualifications Experience/Education Required
* 5-10 years of Oracle database administration experience with at least 5 years as an Oracle Applications DBA supporting Oracle EBS (R11i/R12) * Experience in supporting 12.2 Oracle EBS Application's Utilities (e.g. AD Administration, AutoConfig, rapid clone, etc.) * Experience with installation, configuration, ongoing maintenance and upgrades of Oracle databases * Experience with patch and maintenance in a multi-node installation * Expertise in various operating systems * Experience with logical and physical data modeling * Three or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2005, 2008) * Experience with data warehousing, multi-dimensional databases, and business intelligence is not required, but preferred
* Thorough knowledge of underlying the Oracle Applications Technology Stack, database architecture, ETL design principles, schemas/products, and database objects * Proficiency in SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX shell scripting * Proficiency with WebLogic Application Server Installation, Configuration, Deployment Administration & Troubleshooting * Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as exceptional analytical and time management capabilities * Possess strong documentation skills * Ability to anticipate and proactively handle issues * Ability to work without close supervision, keeping focused on short and long-term support objectives * Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, IT teams, departments and levels * Exhibit unwavering honesty and integrity
* Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards
* Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to attend meetings, etc.
* Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a mouse, keyboard and monitor
If you are interested in this position, please apply using the "Apply " option. If you have questions, or would like to speak with a Recruiter directly, send an email to the contact person below and note the job identification number in the subject line.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.