Optical Scientist, Advanced OpticsFacebook Reality Labs | Redmond, WA
At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) our goal is to make great consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that ship in five to ten years. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
We are currently seeking innovative scientists with experience designing and modeling advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. This is a full-time position and requires an advanced degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and a strong background in optical system design and innovation. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team.
* Development of component and sub-system requirements for next generation near-eye displays
* Optical design and modeling of critical component technologies to meet system requirements
* Collaborate with internal and external partners to prototype and validate the designs towards size, weight, cost and performance targets
* Must be available to start employment on or after September 1, 2018
* Experience with optical design using standard design software such as CODE V, Zemax, LightTools or FRED
* Experience with multiple optical technologies in the areas such as imaging or illumination systems, light sources, thin films, polarization optics, adaptive optics, or color science
* Experience with developing optics for products, design of experiment methodologies, and statistical data analysis methods and software (JMP, MATLAB, Python, etc.)
* Experience with hands-on laboratory work with optics metrology tools such as interferometers, image quality testers, polarimeters, etc.
* Experience in working with equipment or manufacturing partners to drive for development cycle of optical systems
* Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
* Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
* Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a Master's degree in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar
* Experience with electromagnetic modeling and analysis of nanoscale structures, anisotropic materials, films, or holographic elements