As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle | Opower's Downtown San Francisco office is looking for a top notch Client Support Engineer for our Client Support Operations team to help support our global utility clients in their goal of energy efficiency programs and customer engagement.
Oracle | Opower Client Support Engineers are technically skilled, love working with customers, and have the desire to work on meaningful, large-scale energy efficiency software production systems. You will have the opportunity to interface with our utility clients, Implementation Teams, Production Operations, Product Management, etc. to work on exciting and complex client and production inquiries. As Opower continues to grow at a rapid pace, this position offers a great opportunity for an individual to grow their career within the team or other areas across the company.
If you're excited by the idea of being part of a software company where you can grow your technical skills while having a positive impact on the environment, we want to meet you. Help us engage the millions of people who are in the dark about their energy use!
* Work with Implementation Teams, Engineering, Product, and System Operations to help triage and address client/production issues via email, phone and ticketing system with Opower clients
* Act as a client-facing subject matter expert
* Gather and analyze information, evaluate impacts, resolve or escalate issues as needed
* Manage client expectations, both internally and externally
* Ensure support service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved
* Work on special projects to help improve processes, documentation, and overall client experience
* Deliver training sessions and webinars to Opower's clients
* Ability to travel up to 15%
* Flexibility to participate in a rotational on-call schedule
* Self-starter, quick learner, and detail orientated
* Extremely customer focused
* Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
* Technical hands-on troubleshooting skills
* Experience supporting a 'Software as a Service' platform a plus
* SQL/MySQL or databases troubleshooting experience/skills, or the ability to learn
* Comfortable working in UNIX command line and understands UNIX file permissions, or the ability to learn
* Bachelor's degree (Math, Physics, Computer Science, Business, or Engineering preferred)
* Experience in consulting, software development, 2nd or 3rd tier technical support, technical project management, and/or training delivery
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.