The Data Center/Help Desk Technician within FactSet operates and supports the company's computer systems and related peripheral equipment, including the host computers that run the company's applications within the Data Center. In addition, they would also manage the other operational tools, software and computer devices. Some areas of responsibility would include the Network Operations Center, Data Center Operations and Network Support. This position requires the ability to analyze and resolve hardware/software problems.
This is a third shift position operating from 12:30am to 8:30am EST.
* Monitor and troubleshoot carrier circuits and FactSet applications, which include interaction with carriers and clients
* Troubleshooting carrier circuits
* Monitor all computer equipment within the Data Center
* Set up and removal of equipment, such as servers, routers and switches
* Installing and building Ethernet cabling, run fiber cables and other various network devices and equipment
* Strong communication skills including email and phone etiquette are essential to be successful in this role. * Ability in taking written notes and documenting actions taken to resolve tasks. * Ability to work with minimum supervision yet having the aptitude to know when to seek additional resources/escalation along with skillful time management.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.