* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19027689
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
Citi's goal is to become the World's Digital Bank and we are looking for some exceptional people to join our already stellar Cloud Operations team to get us closer to that goal. Citi has already built a robust private cloud and needs industry strategy and operations leaders to grow and evolve our team to bring us to the next level.
This position is an integral part of Distributed Services. Services functions are responsible for the end-to-end service ownership for their domain, including the total cost of ownership, service quality and responsiveness. Team members within the Services functions will engineer and certify platform builds and capabilities, oversee execution of builds, and break/fix where scripting and automation are not possible. They will manage problems, service improvements and continuity of business/resiliency testing and non-routine move, add and change activities for their service domain.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
One of the key roles that exist on the team is that of VSphere Operations. This person will be part of the global VSphere Operations Support team responsible for leading our VSphere environment that supports our internal cloud.
The position reports to the CTI Global Virtualization Infrastructure manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ESX server builds and maintenance Hypervisor Virtual Center and cluster configuration loading standard VMware packages VMware platform version migrations and troubleshooting of the entire Virtualization infrastructure. Additional responsibilities include work with automation and update products to install and maintain security updates and patches. Knowledge of VMware virtualization products is a must for this position along with background on CTI operational procedures.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about:
* Being able to understand the build-up and processes of Cloud industry and how they impact our future solutions and provide guidance for expansion of the Cloud platform
* Being able to comprehend the full scope of application development and the structure setting in the Cloud environment.
* Highly directive to drive consistency in process and technology approach globally through Cloud First approach
* Being able to comprehend articulate and train blue-prints of Cloud Technology; understanding how a cloud infrastructure is built and how to build it to scale in Citi Technology
* Being able to manage process and application onboarding which will look at Cloud technology architecture on build-up platform
Skills / Experience Levels
* 5+ years experience with virtualization hypervisors, management, and other cloud/virtualization tools
* Scripting, Chef, Ansible, Perl, or other similar scripting and automation skills
* 5+ years working as a full stack technology developer with a strong understanding of application development, agile process, and CI/CD pipeline, as well as cloud hosting best practices.
* Experience with project management, project planning and technical documentation writing.
* Proven ability to create educational materials/presentations, and train teams on processes and best-practices.
* Highly interpersonal, comfortable communicating technical language with the given audience and able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences. Able to train and guide individuals/teams on new and existing processes in the cloud architecture.
* Driving the quality of the application onboarding process and distributing training materials to internal teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation writing and delivery. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.