The Operations Software Engineering Manager I will lead a team of professionals in developing innovative solutions to improve the efficiency of tactical execution teams, enable the S&OP process to work more effectively, and improve decision making by providing better information and insights at the point of need. This team is responsible for creating and maintaining the platform for common metrics across SAS and wherever possible leveraging automation or HTL automation to drive actions from within that same platform. This role will support the entire software development lifecycle spanning project identification, requirement development, design, configuration management, quality assurance, deployment, and maintenance.
Additionally, this role will require an individual capable of designing system architectures to solve big Operations issues and executing on their vision. The individual in the role will have freedom to explore and to introduce new tools and methodologies from industry to complex manufacturing and supply chain applications. The knowledge and experience gained from this role provides the opportunity for the selected individual to establish him/herself as a data analytics and process subject matter expert across multiple functions.
The selected individual will be part of an Operations team that is responsible for manufacturing leading edge technologies spanning the entire Space and Airborne Systems portfolio. They will learn common industry standard production planning and execution processes that guide the factory, and apply their database, computer programming, data analytics, and data science expertise to automate and improve existing processes. They will work collaboratively to apply their technical expertise with the guidance of a seasoned Operations team to develop innovative ways to improve execution in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage a team of technical professionals to complete software development projects
* Establish the appropriate level of rigor around the software lifecycle development process based on the size and scope of the team
* Partner with IT (SAS and GBS) to ensure solutions are consistent with the broader direction of the company and in alignment with internal policies and controls
* Design, code, and implement solutions to automate redundant and inefficient processes
* Identify process improvement opportunities and lead projects aimed at driving efficiency and cost effectiveness
* Provide training and documentation for employees who interface with any tools or applications developed
* Establish and maintain databases, application web servers, and other necessary infrastructure to support solutions
* A minimum of 6 years of related experience
* Computer Programming and/or Software Engineering experience
* Proficiency in SQL, ODBC, and relational database design and implementation
* Demonstrated ability to lead software development projects to successful completion
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in many mediums: by email, verbally, on the phone, and with body language. Communication also includes listening skills and the ability to follow directions and provide constructive feedback.
* Motivated and takes on challenges with minimal direction, with the ability to see when something needs to be done and react accordingly.
* Ability to apply critical thinking techniques, using logic and reasoning to identify approaches to problems, and the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Experience using data science tools such as R or Python analytics libraries
* Experience leading a technical team
* Experience leading training sessions or workshops
* Experience with data mining
* Proven track record with statistical analysis of datasets
* Ability to understand complex systems and processes
* Ability to set and work towards goals at a big picture level but effect change at a detailed operational level
* Experience with database administration
* Experience with MRP/ERP systems (SAP preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or other related field
* Master's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management or other related field
143184BR 143184 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.