Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Data Center Inventory & Asset Management Technician, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Team!
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* At least one year of warehouse/supply chain/logistics experience
* Certification in APICS/Inventory Control or equivalent
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
* Previous experience working in a data center environment is not required but is highly preferred
* Basic working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
* Perform and execute organization's safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
* Knowledge of commercial invoices and harmonized codes
* Flexibility to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Background Check Requirements:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As the successful OMC Data Center Inventory & Asset Technician, your performance objectives include:
* Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
* Establishing and enhancing strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers.
* Providing remote and smart hands logistic support for our unmanned Edge Sites via 3rd Party dispatch.
* Conduct material movement via 3rd Party Technician, including shipping/receiving and inventory management per standard process.
* Understanding overall ticket management process/system and adhere to logistic workflow/processes set by CO+I.
* Preparing outbound request by collaborating with the landlord and approved shipping company.
* Accurately completing receipt in a ticketing management system via 3rd Party Dispatch
* Providing guidance around inventory cycle audits via remote dispatches to ensure all inventory controls are met.
* Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.