How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Have you supported NGA programs such as Analytic Services Contract, Automated GEOINT Imagery Reports (AGIR), Cedalion, eXploit, GEOINT Enterprise TCPED Services (GETS), GEOINT Services, GEOINT Summary Updates (GSU), GIMS (GEOINT Information Management Services), Integrated Analytic Environment (IAE), or MIDB Access Web Services (MAWS)? Would you like to work in a collaborative environment? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Raytheon is seeking an experienced professional for the position of OPERATIONS LEAD in support of the Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Area, for an effort supporting the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) supports national security objectives by providing comprehensive technical, analytical and operational support to the intelligence community.
Key Capabilities include
* Develop, integrate and deploy large-scale, high-performance SIGINT, GEOINT and Multi-INT systems
* Provide large-scale information processing, information integration and visualization systems for intelligence, satellite and space-based programs for commercial and intelligence customers
* Support, and maintain intelligence systems for customers worldwide
* Develop, modernize and manage critical infrastructure and applications for the intelligence customers
* Thought leadership in constellation management, common ground and integrated enterprise management solutions
The Operations Lead is responsible for the day-to-day activities sustaining the system, being the main point of contact for Raytheon to the customer operations support personnel and to the program office for operational issues. These are 24/7 operational systems, requiring a very high level of operational availability. The person in this position is responsible for managing system administrators and operators across the site, coordinating with the Raytheon factory team, subcontractors, peers, and product vendors to provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 troubleshooting toward resolution of technical system anomalies. The person in this position is the primary point of contact ensuring all software, patches, COTS, FOSS and firmware are kept in sync across multiple baselines. Finally, the Site Lead will be responsible for the schedules of the site personnel and ensuring all requirements in the Statement of Work (SOW) are met by Raytheon which includes, but is not limited to, providing daily, weekly and monthly system metrics, ensuring system availability, tracking outages, working with the Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs).Candidates should have proven experience in the following areas:
* Leading operations and sustainment of large complex system(s) and service(s)
* Coordinate and perform software problem analysis, requirement analysis, design, modification, testing and adaption of application software
* Directs and manages resources responsible for the resolution of discrepancies and other maintenance activities
* Bachelor's degree plus ten years of experience or Masters plus five years of experience in information technology
* Strong problem-solving skills able to apply these skills to identify and resolve anomalies in system functionality and performance
* Strong verbal and written communication, including maintenance of detail problem tracking information.
* Strong team player
* Thorough, detail oriented and willing to adhere to critical processes even under stress
* Experience in drafting operational procedures and detailed application program coding specifications
* Experience coordinating meetings with multiple stakeholders, especially externals
* Experience in the maintenance of complex hardware and software data processing systems.
* Existing TS/SCI required with a SSBI date of less than 5 years is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of NGA Enterprise Service Desk and Reporting and Execution processes and procedures
* Experience with traditional, Agile, and DevOps development practices
* Experience providing inputs to Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Experience or familiarity in software and database design, development and test
* Experience or familiarity in conducting security testing
* Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes
* Experience generating status and metrics reports for complex systems.
* Active NGA clearances and accounts
* Experience with AWS, C2S and data center operations
* Knowledge of GEOINT mission and/or experience in geospatial information systems development/sustainment
Position is contingent upon contract award and may be filled by Team Raytheon members
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.