As an Operational Engineer/SQL DBA, your mission is to identify problems before they happen, bring order to the chaos, empower your coworkers to help themselves and improve the quality of life for dozens of your coworkers. This is accomplished via a heavy emphasis upon the database tier but also application and web services tiers.
As a member of the eSolutions Development group, you will be provided with flexibility and support. This position is a two-shift active health monitoring and issue remediation position with the two shifts being 6 AM to 3 PM and 11 AM to 8 PM. These shifts are negotiable, if the team can provide coverage from 6 AM to 8 PM. The team environment is very laid back and everyone is considered a peer with an equal voice. eSolutions is also an area of the organization that prides itself on providing a good work life balance, so our approach is to work smarter and not harder whenever possible.
* Active Resourcing Analysis - Regularly evaluate hardware usage for Production instances of eSolutions products with the goal to find areas of possible improvement or possible stress points that might become bottlenecks.
* DB Stress Points (high load queries, hardware load, etc.)
* Storage Usage
* Server Load Monitoring
* Client Report Management - Build out list of active client Reports, intended usage, expected delivery schedule, importance to client business process and current configuration (including but not limited to: system executing on, methodology for reporting and compatibility concerns).
* Operational metrics and trends - Develop list of operational metrics for system and build out trend lines over time.
* Average load per client
* Estimated capacity per client
* Average business facing operational times (ex: Time to Submit, Time to Accept, average Job Processing throughput, average Job Processing by Job type)
* Known stressors by client (this includes but is not limited to: known periods of high traffic, known type of activity that stresses system)
* Active Health Monitoring - Develop and maintain health monitoring system for all clients.
* Monitor error rates by day and build out trend lines
* Establish trigger points to determine Sev 1/Sev 2 early warning system to reduce net outage time. Goal is for the Operational Engineering Team to be notified of an outage prior to it being detected by Client Success/Support groups and perhaps even before Clients are aware of it.
* Establish trigger point to provide early warning integration failures.
* Collaborate with Development to map trends in tickets to Development projects aimed at addressing root causes.
Education, Experience, and Special Skills
* BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
* Ability to handle critical situations in a calm and organized manner
* Ability to field a broad range of questions and respond in an appropriate manner
* Ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical customers
* Knowledge of T-SQL and MS SQL Server (more than just functional)
* Advanced Knowledge of Operational Best Practices for Mission Critical Software:
* Risk Assessment
* Migration Plans
* Critical Situation Evaluation and Resolution
* Working Knowledge of
* AWS (preferred) or Azure
* Knowledge of .NET Framework and Languages (C#, VB.NET)
* Knowledge of Web Development Practices and Technologies
* Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Hosting Technologies
* Windows Server
* MS SQL Server
* Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.