For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180918-7821: Operations Analyst
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/5/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking a Operations Analyst to support the Department of Homeland Security in Arlington, VA. The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities.
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for capturing, documenting, and correlating cyber incident events and requests for information for the DHS National Cybersecurity & Communications integration Center (NCCIC). US-CERT provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Manage, coordinate, provide support and advise NCCIC leadership on cyber operational issues. This will include performing pre-event action planning/coordination/preparation, support during cyber events, and post-event activities and follow-up.
* Participate as a member of a small team conducting cyber-related research, analysis and coordination activities to support customer goals and objectives as part of a larger US Government cybersecurity strategy and policy efforts at multiple classification levels.
* Provides support promptly and efficiently through front-line telephone and email communications. Coordinates incidents and requests within the NCCIC ticketing system and responds within the established timeline following the processes, procedures and work instructions.
* Assist and coordinate the execution of internal NCCIC processes and procedures in coordination with NCCIC branches to support incident driven activities.
* Develop cyber strategy and policy documents to support US Government operational execution of cybersecurity programs, to include interaction with foreign government, private sector and public interface.
* Develop briefings and talking points for senior government leadership participation in internal and external events, often on short notice.
* Lead cyber strategy, policy development and policy implementation projects that include development of work breakdown structures, timelines, staff selection and Level of Effort (LOE) estimates for projects.
* Develop IT security related policy briefings, presentations and white papers for distribution to diverse user community.
* Perform complex analysis of cyber, intelligence and law enforcement/counterintelligence policy and governance issues.
* Monitor cybersecurity-focused legislation efforts and provide regular analysis to the customer on legislation advancements pertinent to the DHS mission.
* Security Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Education: Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience is required for a level 3 role. Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 9 years of experience is required for a level 4 role.
* Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT-II
* 2-5 years of IT or Policy related experience is required.
* Experience managing tasks and interfacing regularly with senior government officials.
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with project facilitation.
* Knowledge of Internet technologies and policies.
* Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, prime contractor organizations, internal management and support organizations.
* Experience in information operation planning, mission analysis, threat analysis, or COA development and concept of operation production
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* CISSP, PMP, or related certifications.
* Masters Degree in a Cybersecurity related field.
* Previous experience working on the Hill or in other legislative-focused areas.
* Previous experience supporting the Department of Homeland Security.
* Previous experience working in a Cybersecurity Center/CERT organization.