At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Operational Risk Consultant to join our team and assist in evaluating existing operating models, developing recommendations for control improvements, and driving continuous improvement of methodologies for Technology Risk Management. This is a strategic position that will engage with the multiple risk and control stakeholders / lines of defense across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and the enterprise as a whole to enable a strong risk management practice and capabilities. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: general IT controls, risk and control frameworks, regulatory and industry standards (i.e., FFIEC, COBIT), and collaboration with partners to align and influence risk management control improvements.
Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense, this role provides leadership support to ensure that EIT is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Perform QA testing on high risk initiatives and partner with stakeholders to develop and implement control improvements to mature the technology risk and control framework across EIT and the firm.
* Provide leadership on risk methodology, organizational interdependencies, and interoperability across risk and control partners to influence direction.
* Support a governance framework to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation of risk management related matters
* Provide subject matter expertise on regulatory expectations and industry best practice around risk and control frameworks
* Partner with Second and third line of defense to inform, educate, and collaborate
* 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Program management experience
* Experience communicating with business partners and project managers
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification
* Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
Other Desired Qualifications
* 10+ Years risk management experience with demonstrated leadership skills and ability to mature risk management programs
* IT audit/audit consulting experience
* Advanced Enterprise Risk Management experience and perspective
* Experience successfully navigating and influencing global financial institutions on risk management topics
* Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
* Experience in evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures and controls.
* Experience in review and development of risk ratings.
* Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
* Demonstrated negotiation skills, especially with difficult topics when partnering with senior management. This includes the willingness and ability to question decisions, understand direction and escalate issues, where necessary.
* Demonstrated experience with both strategic and tactical approaches to risk management.
* Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; regulatory experience a plus
* Professional certifications such as CSCP, CRCM, CGEIT, CRISC, CITP, CISA, CISSP, CIA a plus
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.