Operation Services Specialist- Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 3193174 Full/Part-Time: Full-time Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2019-06-15 Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Operation Services Specialist
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Origination and Advisory Support is a Run the Bank organization within the Production Support area of Global Markets. Origination and Advisory consists of three main groups - Research, Sales & Corporate Finance.
You will be expected to provide leadership and hands on support for a complex set of applications that the Research Index Business rely on.
While working with colleagues including those in infrastructure and application development teams, the role will be to ensure stability of the technology platform. This includes liaising with business users and to manage incidents accordingly, and contributing to Production Engineering projects.
Colleagues across Global Technology and our clients are based in key metro and service center locations across the regions and time zones. The role requires being able to work and lead effectively across teams, cultures and locations.
You are expected to be able to understand and manage rapidly changing and sometimes complex events on behalf of the business. They are also expected to be able to translate technical details in to business semantics and vice versa.
This is an excellent opportunity to influence service delivery to Deutsche Bank's clients during a phase of focused investment and growth for this business.
* Good communication
* Problem solving
* Getting things done in large organizations - understanding of where to use processes and how to build and utilize a network to achieve operational and project deliverables
* Self-sufficient drive and ability to work around blockers in a sustainable manner
* Ability to multi task, priorities work and adapt during sometimes pressured situations
* Ability to relate a technical issue to business impact and vice versa
* Demonstrate stepping up to cover more senior roles during absence or other occasions
* Assist with managing, motivating and recruiting staff including developing top talent
* Good understanding of Unix/Linux, Oracle database / SQL, Java, 3 tier web technologies, Tomcat / other web servers and interaction via command line / GUI interfaces
* Experience of working on complex systems within the Finance industry or other industry involved in large scale real time messaging and batch processing
* Ability to read and write scripts in common languages
* Understanding of ITIL or other service management delivery framework
* Understanding of Pricing, business MIS, workflow and document distribution
* Managing Index and real time price calculation for a specific application set
* Control M or other workflow platforms
Reactive - owning or overseeing:
* Issue management - ownership - including for senior MDs/Ds in business units
* Incident management - communication and coordination
* Problem management - incident action follow up, post incident reviews, etc
* Technical queries and compliance/audit reporting
* Business and technical communication for incidents
Proactive - owning or overseeing:
* Production Engineering projects to improve platforms and processes
* Morning checks - in conjunction with vendor or other teams
* Monitoring - use and continual improvement using firm standard toolsets
* Preparation for business and technology events e.g. economic announcements, DR tests
* Release management - change notifications
* Deployments - binary and config changes
* Close monitoring of the systems during critical business events
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.