What you'll be doing...
Verizon Cloud Services and Platform Engineering is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's core computing services. Your responsibilities will include: building and supporting the Windows Operating system images and automation/orchestration used to deploy these images in the all of the Verizon supported cloud infrastructures. This will include ensuring that the operating system is fully compliant with all the Verizon security, governance, and architectural requirements. You will also be responsible for testing and certifying new releases of the Windows operating system and defining the Windows platform architecture used across the various clouds.
As the Sr. Cloud Engineer, you would be expected to:
* Lead and define Cloud Operating System architectures for Enterprise scale and availability.
* Collaborate with Security, Governance, Network, and other Infrastructure teams to design systems that meet those requirements.
* Design and coordinate projects of significant size and complexity. Designs must adhere to Enterprise level technology standards being both technically sound and efficiently supportable.
* Provide expert hands-on troubleshooting and technical support of cloud platforms.
* Act as technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
* Articulate problem statements at various technical and managerial levels. Openly bringing up challenges, roadblocks and impediments and provide solutions to circumvent those obstacles.
* Provide effective leadership, development, coaching and guidance other members of your work team.
* Stay current on Enterprise class industry trends and technology related to Cloud, Operating Systems, Networking, and Security.
What we're looking for...
You will have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field.
* Ten or more years of Windows operating system engineering, system admin, and support experience.
* Knowledge of Code Deploy, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, DMS, DynamoDB, ECS, EFS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, IAM, KMS, Lambda Functions, Lex, ML, RDS, Redshift, S3, Secrets Manager, SNS, SQS, SSM, and Step Functions.
* Five or more years of automation and orchestration experience on the Windows platform (powershell, etc).
* Five or more years of experience in Cloud Computing, Networking; Infrastructure, and Database architecture.
* Three oryears of experience with DevOps tools (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Ansible) & CI/CD automation.
* Understanding of networking such as: DNS services, TCP, load-balancers, routing, firewalls, route53.
* AWS Certification (Solutions Architect, Developer, or SYSOPS).
* Experience in security best practices, incident response, and use of security groups.
* Experience in Encryption at Rest and In-Transit Encryption. Knowledge of SSL Cert setup in AWS.
* Knowledge in design for high availability and Disaster Recovery for data resiliency.
* Experience in automating test scenarios for unit, functional, integration and acceptance testing.
* Knowledge in leveraging Jenkins and Ansible for configuring the cloud environment and deploying middleware and application packages.
* Experience with HP Server Automation (SA) and Operations Orchestration (OO) products.
* AWS technical design and build experience, including automation, CICD tooling etc.
* Python and Java development experience.
* Splunk and ELK logging experience. Familiar with the DataDog, DynaTrace, or New Relic monitoring.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.