What you'll be doing...
You will be a key member of HQ planning team, leading the Planning, Architecture and Design of the VCP Virtualization Platform, an Internal Cloud (NFVi) platform used to host Virtualized Network Functions. You will have the opportunities to lead the architecture evolution and planning effort of the various Platform architectures, as well as work on new technologies. You will be working at the forefront of technology driving the transformation of Verizon's Infrastructure to a modern Cloud Infrastructure leveraging Software-based automation while providing Robust Visibility, Error Detection and Auto-Recovery, with Verizon-Scale to support all services offered by Verizon, and being cost-efficient.
As a subject matter expert, you will also provide technical leadership and provide direction to vendors and internal organizations to bring the right technologies in the area of NFVi platform evolution. You will also research/evaluate new technologies and translate business objectives and strategies into viable plans; conduct RFI/RFP as needed. You will conduct feasibility analysis and vendor evaluation, develop project plans, drive IOT, manage contract/vendors, lead HLD effort, and support deployment.
* Develop the Architecture and Design of VCP (Verizon Cloud Platform) Openstack Infrastructure for VCP Core, Edge & Lite Work by working collaboratively with Hardware & Application vendors and internal teams including Platform Engineering/Operation, Maintenance Engineering, Application, Product and peer HQP teams.
* Develop and validate designs (delivered as code OSP-D YAML templates, JSON Config templates etc) to Build and Run teams.
* Leverage Operations Automation thinking to develop design output for automated deployment.
* Vendor Management: Manage the OpenStack vendor roadmap to ensure requirements from VNF vendors, peer HQP teams and Platform Operations teams are Work closely with vendor and HQP Peer teams, Platform operations teams on the OpenStack roadmap.
* Work with the team to develop a collaborative process for project handoff to ensure on time implementation.
* Work with the team to converge VCP Core and Edge to ensure uniform application experience, tools.
* Assist in the deployment of the Nuage Network Overlay and support the business driver.
* Conduct PoC and FOA working closely with all stakeholders.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Six or more years of relevant experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Telecommunications, Networking, IT systems, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, OpenStack architecture and design
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and/or Telecommunications.
* Experience in Linux including System Architecture.
* Experience in Distributed Systems.
* Experience in Systems Design, including building large real-world systems.
* Experience in building large scale computer infrastructure.
* Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
* Project management experience, with strong leadership skills, and the ability to drive teams to consensus.
* Experience in network engineering and/or operations systems and processes.
* Business Communication: You're an experienced leader who is adept at negotiating and communicating with leaders and executives at all levels of the organization.
* Leading large, highly technical teams and inspiring people to perform at their best is personally rewarding to you. Manage a distributed team, including remote/offshore employees and contractors.
* Ability to analyze issues and solve complex problems with innovative solutions. This helps you to work well with partners from non-technical functions and build strong cross-functional relationships.
* Experience working in Open Source forums, with proven ability to influence requirements & direction.
* Programming background with the ability to work in Agile/Scrum driven culture.
* Knowledge in scripting and template development to develop tools based around Ansible and Git
* Knowledge in languages such as Python.
* Managing vendor deliverables, vendor management and coordination of multiple vendors to deploy services, roadmaps and supporting contracts and price negotiation.
* Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you manage competing priorities with ease, and never lose your laser-sharp focus on meeting tight deadlines.
* Keep customer requirements as a key in design in conjunction with architecture evolution.
* Self-starter, ability to complete project with minimal guidance.
* Expert understanding of computer technologies and architectures including IP, O/S, Database, NFV, Cloud and SDN.
* Experience in performing capacity analysis.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.