WHO WE ARE:
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
We are a global company with offices in Redwood City, Paris, London, Bonn, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Bangalore. Our customers are pioneers/innovative leaders in their market when it comes to data and cloud projects. We are proud to count Domino's, the world's largest pizza company, Euronext, the #1 stock exchange in Europe, and HP Inc., a leading IT company, as Talend customers.
We enable companies to transform their business by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Talend offers a suite of apps for data integration and integrity that brings data, people and technology together by generating end-to-end data pipelines.
Customers can collect data; transform it to power analytics; govern it from end-to-end; and share it across internal and external stakeholders. They can work across systems and across environments: in the cloud and on-premises.
We are hiring an Open Source Software Developer for our R&D Team in either Suresnes or Nantes.
As part of the Talend R&D Team, the Open Source Software Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and enhancements for the Big Data projects at The Apache Software Foundation and other open source communities. The applicant will liaison between the product teams within Talend and the open source communities to make sure the needs of Talend products and customers are being addressed. The applicant will also work to promote Talend as a recognized leader in the Big Data market.
* Represent Talend in the Apache communities
* Work with Talend Product teams to design and implement new features and enhancements to the Apache projects and drive those back into the Apache communities
* Monitor the Apache communities and communicate important information and events back to Talend and work with Talend teams to prepare for any changes or actions that may be required
Skills and Experience
* Proven experience with Java development, with focus on server side coding.
* Experience with Apache Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Flink, Kafka, Beam etc...
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, particularly via email.
* Ability to work within a local and distributed international team environment.
* Experience with messaging systems such as ActiveMQ
* Optional, but desirable: Willingness to represent Talend and speak at conferences
What we offer you
* Join a passionate team and work with the latest technologies (Hadoop, K8s, Terraform, AWS, GCP to name a few)
* A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
* Top modern offices with ideal locations
* Regular team events and company celebrations, as well as free drinks and fruits
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
* "2018 Best Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For" by Glassdoor
* Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools in the Gartner Magic Quadrant
* Named a Leader in Big Data Fabric for the Forrester Wave
* Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
* Listed in the CRN Big Data 100 Companies
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, at Talend, we believe our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Talend is a provider of cloud data integration and integrity solutions for organizations.